27: the jester and the fools

Start from the beginning

There was an obvious look of reluctance on Yuseung and Gilyoung. "And let's play a game of Who-Can-Earn-More-Coins! The winner will receive a prize. Fun, isn't it?"

"What prize?!" Not only Yuseung and Gilyoung but also Binna asked in excitement.

"..." I didn't think that far ahead. Sunbae, help!

As if reading his mind, the beau stepped in. "Well, I can find some yarn and crocheting needles and make you a plush??"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"COUNT ME IN!" In an instant, the children quickly ran off to find their victims-- er, prey, uh, monsters and earn the most coins.

The adults and a teen left behind: "..."

...

Han Donghoon fiddled with his fingers while sitting beside the beau who was busy crocheting what seemed to be a... dokkaebi? He was filled with curiosity and wanted to ask why he was crocheting those little assholes but didn't have the courage to verbally ask. Plus, Donghoon didn't see him use a phone so he wasn't sure if Eun-Byeol had one with him.

Meanwhile, Sangah and Dokja, who sat across them, couldn't help but release a breath.

Eun-Byeol sunbae was already pretty, but he was even more gorgeous when he concentrated on a task.

"You really like him, don't you?"

"... huh?" Dokja blinked in surprise, stunned by the words that Sangah uttered out of the blue.

"The way you look at sunbae-nim. I've seen our colleagues look like that towards the person they liked." Sangah pulled her legs close, hugging them tight. "It seems bizarre to fall in love at this time but seeing you and sunbae-nim makes me feel... normal, between all that has happened. It's like, we're back to when we were in Mino Soft, you know, but our relationship's better."

Kim Dokja wordlessly shifted his attention towards the beau. Even from afar, Eun-Byeol's lashes were obviously thick, long enough to tickle his cheeks if his eyes were closed. His sunbae's hair had grown longer and didn't look like he had any plans of trimming them. His brown bangs almost covered his eyes.

If it weren't for the wind always blowing them back, his sunbae's vision would always be blocked.

I really do like him, Dokja thought to himself. For inexplicable reasons, too. When they both worked at Mino Soft, all Dokja felt towards Eun-Byeol were apprehension and fear. However, when this apocalypse started, his feelings towards Eun-Byeol became a bit... complicated.

Since when did it start? Was it when he began teasing me? Or when we had our first kiss? I'm not affected by his passive skills either because the Fourth Wall always blocked them. Dokja's gaze shifted from Eun-Byeol towards the night sky.

I feel like I'm going crazy ever since sunbae joined us. Anything sunbae does, I find it cute. Even when he goes batshit insane, sunbae is just... attractive? Tempting? I don't know the exact word that could perfectly describe him. He's just... someone I like. Dokja scratched the back of his head, annoyed that he couldn't find 'the' word to describe his sunbae.

"I think the kids are coming back."

That snapped Dokja out of his musings. Glancing at the direction Sangah pointed at, he found a cloud of dust getting bigger and bigger as three children sprinted towards them.

"Dokja!"

"Mister!"

"Brother-in-law!"

Alright, it's time to judge, I guess.