(mother figure) eda x reader (platonic obvi)

~ A/N: in this u'll be pretty young, like a kid, and eda will be ur mom/ parent/ guardian/ whatever. this is completely platonic (aka non-romantic) btw!! obvi ~

you were wondering around in the owl house, trying to see where your mom was. the halls were filled with the sounds of small footsteps and giggling as you make your way to the kitchen. 

when you get to the kitchen, you feel the warm sunlight hit your face, causing you to sheild it away. you heard some pots being moved around and you heard a voice. eda's voice. she got in front of the blinding sunlight and moved your hands out of your face. 

"hey, sweetie. do ya need somethin'?" eda asks, looking down at you in an endearing way and moving one hand up, brushing some of your hair to the side. 

"no. i just wanted to see what you were doing." you say, looking up into her golden and gray eyes.

she smiles and nods, patting your cheek. "alright, then. im just cooking some breakfast. now go sit your butt down, kay?" 

you giggle and nod. "okay, mamaaa". you hop up on one of the chairs and waiting for your breakfast, trying to be as patient as possible as your legs kick back and forth eagerly. 

after a few minutes, she brings the breakfast to the table and sets down a small plate for you with some of your favorite breakfast foods. 

"yay, thank you!" you say with a bright smile as you quickly dig into your food and gobble it all up, eda smiling warmly as she watches you eat. 

she sees how fast you're eating and rubs your shoulder a bit. "its not going anywhere, sweetie." she says with a light smirk.

you giggle and eda gently cleans around your mouth with a napkin. 

"sorryyy. im so hungry when i wake up." you say as eda gives you a pat on the head, before taking your plate and putting it in the sink. 

"its alright, sweetie, everyone gets hungry. now, do ya wanna help me at the market today?" eda asks with a hopeful smile, walking back over to you and poking your cheek.

"yes please! and then after can we pickpocket??" you ask with a mischievous and excited shine in your eye.

eda wipes a tear. "aw, they grow up so fast." she mumbles to herself, before quickly picking you up and pulling you into a hug. 

"yep! sounds like a perfect day to me, hun." she says, starting to walk outside with you, before getting on owlbert and pulling you on with her. 

you both fly off to the market as you imagine how the rest of the day might play out and how many snails y'all might get! 

~ A/N: yea ik this is kinda different but hope u enjoyed it! eda would be such a great mom tho fr ~