Twelve

Leah pov
Walker smiles down at me as we walk through the main street. Dior and Charlie are walking at our side and Aryan is 5th wheeling with Rick. We're going for a cast dinner at the restaurant down the road.
It kinda feels like a date, even though we have a bunch of other people and a responsible adult with us.
Walker wraps his arm around my shoulder and I lean into him, turning slightly so I can press my head against his shoulder. To our left Charlie and Dior are also having a moment while Aryan is complaining to Rick about having to 3rd or 5th wheel all the time. That boy, my god. He complains more than my brother.
We slip into the little restaurant and sit at our table. Walker and I are just chatting when the waitress comes over, rudely interrupting us.
'Are you Walker Scobell? The one who plays Percy Jackson?' She asks, smiling. Well, she's smiling, but her eyes are cold and icy. I dislike her instantly.
'Yes...?' Walker looks up at the girl.
'Oh my goodness! I'm a huge fan! Can I get a selfie?' She squeals.
'Um, sure!' Walker glances at me. 'Do you want photos with Aryan, Leah, Charlie and Dior? They all play other characters.'
'Sure!' The girl smiles. She poses next to Walker and snaps a selfie. She takes photos with Charlie, Dior and Aryan. I stand up, and the girl wrinkles her nose with obvious distaste. 'Um, not her.'
Walker's polite smile disappears. 'What?'
'Not her.' The girl repeats. 'She's, like, so not Annabeth. I mean, look at her!'
'What the hell?' Walker is starting to look angry now. Tears prick at the corners of my eyes. Why is there always someone?
'Annabeth is white, with curly blonde hair and grey eyes. This... girl is Black with dark hair and dark eyes. I mean, how much further could you get from Annabeth Chase?' The girl sniffs.
Dior gets in the girls face. 'How dare you? Leah is Annabeth. Get away-'
She's cut off by Charlie, who is yelling, 'You little-'
Then HE is cut off by Dior again, who is giving the girl her best death glare. Rick stands and stares at the girl. 'That's enough. You may not walk up to my actors and insult them. Leave!'
Aryan joins in. 'Leave!'
Walker stands up, his face red and a furious look gleaming in his eyes.
'You dare to insult the cast of Percy Jackson? You insult Leah, you insult all of us! You are the most insufferable person I've ever met, and along with that you are incorrect and completely ignorant. You might be the rudest person I've ever met as well! You  are-'
I cut him off before he can say something slightly ruder and more colourful than what he's already said. 'Leave. You'll be sorry if you stay.'
'I-' the girl tries.
She's cut off by Aryan. 'Go away. None of us want you here. So leave.' He gives her a death glare, and together, the whole cast plus Rick death glares her away from the table.
Walker pov
I cannot believe the audacity of that girl. How freaking dare she. I want to shout some not-so-kind things after her, but I restrain myself. Leah looks a little shaken. I run my thumb over her hand. 'Are you okay?' I ask her.
She manages a smile. 'You guys were scary amazing. It was kind of cool.'
'Only kind of?' I laugh slightly. 'But seriously, you okay?'
'Yeah, Walker. Don't worry about me. You guys made it better.' She smiles, big and genuine this time.
'Let's get back. And, Leah? Never put up with that. Ever. You hear me?' Rick stares at me intensely.
'I hear you.' Leah smiles back.
'Or they'll have to deal with US.' Charlie cracks his knuckles.
'You're the best, guys.' Leah beams.
I kiss her cheek. 'All in a days work.'