GHOSTS IN THE FREEZER -Nehru Shirt Man

One late night , well 3:00 a.m. morning, I was taking my last trip in to the dark and scary freezer as I had forgotten a frozen case of Banquet Dinners  and some frozen  Birdseye Vegetables. ( no sponsor-LOL) Since I have heard "Hey You" so many times, the darkness and flickering lights really set a mood I had to ignore and use a mind over matter strategy to get my job done even though I was creeped out. I had a list, planning my route of what I needed to grab diligently and efficiently to get in and out of the freezer as soon as possible. For some odd reason it was colder than usual  in the freezer and my toes were on the verge of frostbite even though dressed appropriately with battery operated heated socks on the fritz and my sheepskin lined waterproof boots still didn't keep my feet toasty warm. 

Half running pushing my wobbly metal cart which was stupid as there is ice on the floor and I had slipped many times before which could have ended in disaster and painful,  I stopped abruptly at  the end of an isle in the middle of making a left turn

Half running pushing my wobbly metal cart which was stupid as there is ice on the floor and I had slipped many times before which could have ended in disaster and painful,  I stopped abruptly at  the end of an isle in the middle of making a left turn. A man was standing there. I stopped my cart within six inches of hitting him with it, startling him and myself too.  I  loudly said "oh my GOD, I'm so sorry" and pulling my cart back away from him looking down for a brief second,  I looked back up, he disappeared, I mean right in front of my eyes, he was GONE! 

I had never seen this person before as I know all the employees at the commissary. Describing this man; he was wearing an old 1970's type Nehru Shirt that was blue and green with brownish tan bell bottom pants very hippy-like. I had quickly glanced at his face and could see he was of Asian decent and since being on a Japanese base more than likely Japanese.  

Once again I got out of there and once again all the Japanese stockers were in the warehouse, not a soul in the Commissary

Once again I got out of there and once again all the Japanese stockers were in the warehouse, not a soul in the Commissary. Creeped out, and not believing I actually saw a real ghost,  I went home to come back in the early morning when more employees would be in the store. I was a little worried that this ghost man might  follow me home.

A few hours later back in the Commissary bustling with about 30 employees I finally gathered up the courage to say something to someone about the experiences whom would take me seriously. I went to a friend in the room where you take your expired merchandise and told him I had been having some strange things happen in the freezer. He told me to wait a minute, gathered a few other workers who came over to us quickly and said, "continue". I said I am having some things happen in the freezers at night and someone said are you hearing things? I said yes, a man's voice very clear and the worker said is he saying "Hey You"? I said, YES! I hear it all the time! but no one is there. It's only me in the freezer. 

All the workers smiled and laughed as they all have heard it too. They proceeded to tell me a story of a man who worked in the Commissary for years, I have forgotten his name. Maybe when I publish this someone will remind me. He apparently died but he always said instead of hello when greeting you, he said "Hey You"! and those that knew him say it is definitely this guys voice. He means no harm just a jolly guy who loved his job. So nothing to be afraid of.

I told them about the man I saw last night and they all got very quite. No one knows who he is but he has been seen before and described wearing the same clothes. He never says anything just always looks surprised when he sees you and disappears. These co-workers did not tell me anything else as this was only the tip of the iceberg. I think they just did not want to scare me as later I found out many  employees had quit their jobs due to the ghost encounters.

Now verified I'm not crazy I felt better. I had to figure out how to make these ghosts just a normal thing in my life. I know people love to embellish stories like these but I'm generally not in to this kind of stuff but you will find out this "stuff" is in to me!

Next Chapter "Ladders & HERO" coming soon