04. decorating

Bella and Connor had officially become homeowners. Connor sold the apartment and the began the moving process. Some of the furniture would be going with them to the house, like Connor's couch. The movers brought in the couch and Bella had the place it in the living room. It was a big couch, a sectional, so they didn't need to get more seating for that room.

All their packages were starting to get to the house. Bella brought in the smaller ones, and Connor got the bigger ones. The had placed the boxes around the house, in the rooms where there were going to be. Connor was working on building a coffee table for the living room. Bella was getting the kitchen set up. She was putting food in the cupboards and things into the fridge.

Bella had also been putting away plates, pot, pans, and silverware. She was also getting Connor something to drink since he had been doing the heavy lifting. He had finished the coffee table, and made a tv stand. Bella set down a bottle of water on the table and took a seat in the couch. When Connor was done with the tv and the stand he took a seat next to Bella and put his arm around her. She leaned into him.

"You know, you can take a break. You've been doing this for a few hours." Bella said.

"I know, I know. I'm just trying to get as much as I can done before I leave for an away game. In case you need something and it not made then i'll be mad at myself, because I already feel bad that i have to be away-"

"Listen, I know what I signed up for. I'm going to be perfectly fine and you will only be gone for a few days at a time." Bella said and Kissed Connor's cheek.

"But I do want to get more stuff done today."

"Okay. Uhm... do you think next, we, we could build the crib together?" Bella asked.

"Of course. Do you want to do it now?" Bella nodded and stood up walking up to what would be the baby's nursery.

It didn't take long for the. to build the crib, and Connor moved it to where Bella wanted it. She didn't want to decorate or do anything without Connor there. But of everything in the house, she was most excited for the baby's room.

Once the crib was done being built the two just looked at it. They literally stood there and stared at a crib for an hour. But then Bella made Connor get back to work, and Bella kept doing smaller things, like put pillows into place or set up small decorations or lamps.

Over then next couple weeks Bella and Connor had finished with the large furniture. No it was time for decorations, and what Bella was most excited for, the baby's room. Bella had gotten several different colors of paint unsure of which one she would like the most.

Since she didn't know if it was a boy or girl she wanted to keep the room gender neutral for the most part. She was thinking of grey and some shade of green. But what green? Lime, Sage, Forest, Moss? She had a bucket of paint for each one and had painted a little bit of each on the wall.

Connor got home and walked up to the nursery to see his wife staring at shade of green in a wall. He walked up to her and kissed the top of her head and looked at the wall too.

"What are we doing?"

"Trying to decide which one I like the most. What do you like?" Bella asked.

"That one." Connor said pointing to the sage green.

"I was thinking the same thing. Help me paint." Bella said as she picked up a paint brush and began to paint the wall sage green.

     "Okay. Just this wall?" Bella nodded to Connor.

     They had painted the one solid wall green there rest they were debating grey or off-white. Bella liked light grey, and once it was painted Bella loved it. She had ordered sheets for the bed with little green dinosaurs on it. There was a changing table, a dresser, a rocking chair and a few other little things.

     Bella and Connor sat on the couch with pizza in front of them on the table watching the Devils play against the Capitals. The Devils were up 1-0, Jack scored. Jack had gotten the C once Nico retired a few years ago. Luke got an A. The game was going well, and Jack scored.

     "I k ow it's still a few months away, but have you thought about names?" Bella asked Connor.

     "No, not really."

     "I have a few ideas but I want to run them by you." Bella said and Connor listened.

     "If it's a boy I was thinking something like after two of my brothers. Maybe Lucas Quinn, or something. Then Jack as the godfather, and Madi could be the godmother." Bella said. She wanted to make sure Connor felt his family involved.

     "I like it. I'm good with whatever you decide." Connor told Bella. 

     Once the game was over Bella went back upstairs and decorated the baby's room some more. She put stuffed animals around the room, and some of the baby clothes they had already bought were put away. They didn't have much because they were told by their friends and family that they would get presents at the gender reveal and baby shower.

     Bella sat in the rocking chair, and rubbed her belly. She was only four months but she had a small bump. Thinking about names and who would be the godfather and godmother made her really happy for the baby to get here. Then she and Connor would be able to teach the baby to skate and play hockey and they could watch the baby play or do what they love.

Bella had grown tired and gone to bed. She had a light on but faced the opposite way with her head under the covers. Connor walked in a little while later and climbed into bed and hugged his wife. He kissed all around her face a few times and she giggled lightly.

a/n

chapter 4!!!! woohoo

i'm skipping to the gender reveal/baby shower for the next chapter and we will be getting the beginning of snappy pregnant Bella... i'm debating if i want connor to be playing in a game and Madi Bedard to be home with her when her water breaks or have connor be home so we can see him freak out

anywhooooo

have a great dayyy 🫶🫶🫶