7 - Jealousy

You walked out of Ghost's room quietly, to not wake him up, closing his door and putting your mask back on. You walked into the lounge room and were greeted by Salem, running up to you. You picked him up and sat on the couch next to Soap.

"Soo, how's Ghost, asleep?" He asked with a chuckle. You cleared your throat, "Mhm, out like a light." You replied, petting Salem until suddenly Gaz falls into the room chasing after a dog who excitedly runs up to you. You jump which makes Salem jump up and run away, you quickly climb onto Soap shoulders, "Woah, woah, take it easy, It's just Riley, he's not gonna hurt you lass." Soap said as he set his hands on your legs and laughed. Gaz laughed as well as he grabbed her collar and patted his head. You were still scared of the dog even if he was obedient, "I- I'm scared of dogs, not a good experience." You said, still holding tightly onto Soap like a cat holding onto a tree running away from a dog. 

 Soap and Gaz laughed, "You are just like a cat." Gaz replied, while sitting on the couch. You looked at him curiously. "Oh right, well one time you were sleeping and Ghost was talking about how you were like a cat, and this just proved his point again." He said, Riley laying his head on his lap. "Here, Riley's a good dog, just take baby steps, just try petting him." Soap said as you slid off him, crouching down on the opposite side of him. You reached your shaky hand out and set it atop the dog's head. Slowly you leaned your upper body across Soap's lap, petting the dog more. You smiled and crawled over Soap, now sitting in between Soap and Gaz, Riley's paws on the sides of your legs, panting in joy. You hugged the dog and he licked your face, luckily you had a mask on. 

 - Ghost's POV - 

  I felt the warmth leave, instantly waking up, looking around for Valkyrie. I put my mask on and walked out of the room quickly before looking into the lounge room, smiling. Leaning against the door frame with my arms crossed, watching Valkyrie play with Riley. Salem walked up beside me and grumbled with an angry mew, I chuckled and picked up the kitten, "It's okay little kit, it's good that she's bonding with Riley." I said to the kitten, petting it gently, it pouted and continued grumbling. 

  I stood there watching the two play, smiling wide under the mask. "Wow, she's never gotten that close to a dog." Said the girl we rescued, I tensed slightly before quickly looking behind me. "Oh yeah?" I asked, "Mhm, she's scared of dogs." Said the girl. "Ah, well we never officially met, I'm lieutenant Ghost." I said, now facing her. "Nice to meetchya, I'm Aurora but my code name is Vision." I nodded and studied her, she was still pretty banged up from whatever happened to her before we rescued her. "So what's your relationship with her?" I asked curiously and coldly. "Mm well, I've known her since we were kids, we met in military school, and she was quite the looker, people were always up on her, but she was never interested in anybody, but than one day we were partnered up and we became fast friends, we even dated but than we got separated in adulthood and it's been about 6 years." She explained. I hope she doesn't get in the way of me and her, or try to take her away from me. I have to try to keep her away from Valkyrie. 

  I was lost in thought before being snapped out of it by hands wrapping around my shoulders. My body tensed until I realized it was just Valkyrie, I hugged her back, Salem latched onto her. "Is that your dog Ghost?" She asked me, "Oh yeah, he is, captain probably brought him here to help with an upcoming mission or something-" Interrupted by Price, "Actually I brought him for you because it's been a while since he's been back home." I looked at him and nodded in appreciation. I hugged Valkyrie tightly, kissing her through our masks. She looked around to make sure nobody was watching. "Don't worry, love, nobody is looking." I whispered as I set her down, "How are you feeling?" I remembered she was injured. "I'm okay, they need to train their guys more, they shoot like little kids, thanks to you I'm all good. Thank you." She said, intertwining her fingers with mine. I smiled about to speak but Riley jumped on me, making me fall to the ground. "Oi get off you big mutt, you big gruff." I said, tousling the fur on his cheeks, he licked me a lot. 

  Valkyrie stood there watching and laughed and helped me up once Riley got off. Salem laying across her shoulder, not too sure about Riley. I held her hand taking her to the table, I was hungry. "What do you feel like eating?" I asked her as she sat. "Anything, I'm not picky." She said as she leaned down resting her head on her arms. I made me and her some leftovers before we sat on the couch and watched a few movies, Soap and Vision walked in from outside, sweaty and panting. 

  "What were you two doing? It's already dark out." I asked as I put my arm across the back of the couch. "Em- we were just. Training." Soap said suspiciously before him and Vision went into a room. I looked back at Valkyrie, she looked disturbed when she was fine just before Soap and Vision walked in. "Are you okay, my love?" I asked pulling her closer to me, she nodded yes but didn't look at me. She got up calling Salem to come along, I stood up and grabbed her arm. "What's wrong?" I asked, she quickly pulled her hand out of my grasp and continued walking to her room. I exhaled in anger and busted into her room almost seconds after she closed the door. I locked the door and grabbed both her wrists in one hand, and sat between her legs as she laid down as I took our masks off with my other and grabbed her face, her eyes teary. 

  "Valkyrie, what's wrong? Speak to me, love." I asked, loosening my grip so it didn't hurt her. She looked mad but sad, "Nothing." She said sternly, I sighed and grabbed her shoulders before picking her up slightly and slamming them down on the bed. "Liar." I said leaning my face down to her neck. "Nothing's wrong, leave me alone Simon." She said trying to release my hands off her wrists. I bit her neck with a chomp, she yelped out and her eyes teared up more. "I just got sad knowing that Aurora was doing stuff with Soap." She said, not looking in my direction. My expression straightened, I let go of her and stood up. "So you are still in love with her." I said before nodding and putting my mask on before leaving her room. 

  "Wait Simon, I didn't mean it that way!" She said as she ran after me but I had already closed the door and leaned against it. She knocked on my door a few times pleading to let her explain. I turned the light off and ignored her. She sobbed for a while outside my door and kept asking but I continued to listen to her beg for me, until I heard silence and looked out the crack of my door. She was gone, I opened the door and walked down the hall, her door wasn't closed all the way, Salem was meowing loudly. I sighed and walked into her room, Salem was standing outside her bathroom meowing and refusing to go into the bathroom. I opened the door to Valkyrie laying on the floor, a small pool of blood around her. I quickly ran to her, shaking her lightly and looking around her body to see what was bleeding. I quickly got the first aid and wrapped her wrists and legs and reapplied ointment to her bullet wounds which were also bleeding. "Shit, please wake up, (y/n). Please I'm sorry, wake up, wake up." I said shaking her. She opened her eyes slightly and hugged me before losing consciousness.  - End of Ghost's POV -