2 - Shaken

- Ghost's POV - 

   Soap had shown the new recruit to their room, before hearing his loud foot step run down the hall and into the room. "Ay boys look, our new recruit has a kitten and he's so cute." He said as he held him up like simba from the Lion King. Me and Gaz looked at him, It was indeed very cute but Riley was cuter in my opinion, wasn't much of a cat person. The new recruit had run into the room, they were small, and hid their face just as I did, It made me curious, what was their reason. Soap handed back the kitten and put his arm over the new recruit, it clearly made them uncomfortable, you could see the worry in their deep turquoise eyes. "So Valkyrie, I'm Soap if ya don't know, this is Gaz and the bum on the couch is Ghost. Welcome to 141 and the Captain is Price, sure ya knew that already." Said Soap and he released the recruit, I stared at them, they locked eyes with me before they looked at Gaz gesturing for them to sit with us, they shook their head and left with the kitten into their room. I sat for a moment and walked back to their room, sitting next to their door, unsure if I should knock at this moment. I heard them sobbing from the other side of the door. 

Then I heard the quit murmur of the recruit, "I'm okay, little kit." They said, I was a bit shocked, it was a girl, I half expected that, from the name. They continued sobbing and I shuffled to my feet, standing there a bit before knocking at the door. " Hey, Valkyrie, I think you should join us for dinner." I stood there waiting, I heard scrambling and shuffling inside the room as I saw the light go off from the crack under the door. I sighed, " If you don't answer I'm coming.." I said sternly, I don't like being ignored. "This is an order from your lieutenant. Open the door now." I said now knocking harder. I sighed and busted into the room, it was dark and only little light swept into the room as I opened the door, the small kitten jumped at me leg and bit me, I looked down with a no expression and lowered eyes, picking up the kitten and setting him down in the hallway.

 I looked around silently, listening for the faint sound of crying. I looked under the bed, nothing, I looked behind the door, nothing, I looked in the bathroom, nothing. I got frustrated and busted into the closet, a scared recruit was curled up in the corner, shaking and hyperventilating. I sighed, and knelt down in front of them, " Ay, you're okay, you're safe here. If you were so sensitive from touch why didn't you say something or back away." I said coldly. They looked up at me, eyes teary and shaken, I could see the silhouette of her lips open then close as she put her head down. I sighed and stood up to turn the light on and went into the bathroom, running them a warm bath, I had no choice, and quickly picked them up, taking them to the bathroom, her body shook more and I cleared my throat as I sat her down on the counter, and waited for the tub to be at a decent fill. I turned the water off, her breathing was still shaky but she wasn't crying anymore. "Just relax. Take a bath and then you should join us for dinner. We'll wait for you." I said and left the room, closing the door behind me. I leaned against the door and took a breath, looking down to see a kitten squinting at me. "What? I was trying to help." I said, talking to the cat, it mewed at me in response and rubbed against my legs. I picked it up and went into the lounge room and sat on the couch, Gaz and Soap were still watching the movie, the kitten had curled up and purred as I gently stroked it. 

 - Your POV - 

I had blacked out after hearing the knock on my door and turning the light off and hiding in the closet. I came back to reality after losing myself in bad memories to be in the bathroom, a warm bath had been run. I undressed and soaked for a little while, dunking my head under the warm water, staring at the ceiling above, the water's surface rippled, I came up moments later and wiped my face, my hand traced across a few scars. I wrapped myself in a towel and went into my room, searching through my bags to get out a binder, a black hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. I got dressed and I fixed my hair and put my binder on. I got a feeling I should go to the lounge room so I did. As I quietly walked in, the three guys were sitting on the couch, I was surprised to see Salem sleeping on Ghost's lap, he usually doesn't like big belligerent people like him. I thought I should sit down with them, I sat on the only available spot, next to Ghost and Soap. I reached my hand over to pet Salem as well, resting my lower arm on Ghost's thigh, he flinched but soon relaxed. Price popped his head in asking what we all wanted for dinner, so we ended up ordering pizza. After we ate we all had a few different conversations, watching a few different movies, I looked at the clock it was 11 PM Gaz and Soap got up to go to bed. Ghost sat still, I had scooted over since I wasn't squished against him. He looked at me as I scooted over. He changed the movie to something boring, I began to doze off and soon I started to lean to the side. Ghost looked over and watched me fall. I was dead asleep. 

 - Ghost's POV - 

  It was 11, Gaz and Soap went to bed, when doing so Valkyrie scooted over, Was she going to sleep? I grabbed the remote and turned on something boring to see if it would get her to go to her room and sleep. Instead I looked over and watched her fall to her side, out like a light. I chuckled, I gently picked up the kitten and took him to her room, I put her bags at the end of her bed before going back out there, debating on how I should go about this. I looked at her, I wanted to see her face but I know that she probably didn't want that, I decided to take her to her bed, I picked her up and she threw her arms over me, burying her face into my chest, when doing so I caught a glimpse of a few strands of her hair and laughed to myself, 'Red-head?' I went to set her down but her grip was tight on my shirt. I tried to pull her hands away but she wouldn't budge. It was as if she were trying to keep someone at her side in her nightmares. I sighed in defeat, the kitten leaning his head at me mewing. 

I scruffed his head and nodded, "Don't worry, I'll stay with her tonight. But it won't happen again, this is embarrassing.." I said to the kitten. I sat on the floor, she kept tugging at me, eventually making me sit in her bed. She curled up, her face buried in my side, my arm around her and my hand being held tightly on to next to her mouth. I slunked down, slowly letting an unexpected sleep engulf my body, I woke up moments later, I was surprised to not have a nightmare for the first time. I looked at my watch, it was 4 AM. I lost myself in memories of the past, until I was snapped back into reality when a hand gently set against my chest. I looked around, she was still asleep. I wriggled myself away from her and stretched once I was standing looking at my watch, I hadn't even noticed an hour went by. I exited her room quietly and turned around, Soap was coming out of his room, he looked like he had so many different emotions, surprise, curiosity, and concern. I looked at him and pointed, "Don't. Say. A Word." I demanded, he bursted into laughter. I walked towards him and covered his mouth, "Say a word to anyone and i swear you'll regret it." I said, Soap rolled his eyes and nodded. Multiple doors opened, Price and Gaz came out, I looked at them, Soap took my hand away. "Ghost was in Valkyrie's room all night!" He said quickly, I quickly slammed him into the wall, embarrassed. Valkyrie came out of her room tiredly, "What's goin-" She said quietly and quickly stopped, I don't think anyone else heard her. " Go back to sleep!" I yelled at her slightly. Not even realizing it until she quickly closed the door. "Shit.." I said under my breath. The guys looked at me disappointed, "Go apologize to them." They all said in unison. I sighed and entered her room without even knocking or asking.