Part 12

On Atlantis.

Moore is walking in the corridors at night. He has a mug of coffee in his hand and looks half asleep, his glasses around his neck. He walks and turns a corner. He enters his lab and sees Sam wide awake, Teyla is with her. He stops to look at her, then looks at his watch and yawns.

MOORE: You called for me, Colonel? (Yawns and waves at Teyla)
SAM: Yes. I need you to check my calculations. (She shows him a paper)
MOORE: What calculations? (Takes the paper and puts on his glasses)
SAM: I thought that maybe we could use the radiations from the remote to track down the shield's generator back on M9G441.
MOORE: And do what?
SAM: (She pauses) To study it. Find a weakness, a way for us to at least, momentarily open a breach and contact whoever's down there.
MOORE: Assuming they have functioning radios.
SAM: Let's assume they do.
MOORE: (He hesitates and looks at the paper. After a while) That makes a lot of "ifs", Colonel. I mean, can we even go on a mission with this much?
SAM: Last time I checked, I was the one making decisions here.
MOORE: What about Colonel Caldwell?
SAM: I will deal with Colonel Caldwell myself. I thought you would be happy about this.
MOORE: (He removes his glasses and puts them on the table. He takes his head in his hands) I don't know anymore... I want them to be alive, believe me, I do. But I'm also worried that they may really be dead. Or worse, that they're alive but there's nothing we can do to save them. (Looks at her) Honestly, I don't think I could ever live with that.
SAM: I will take full responsibility for this mission. Whatever happens, Doctor Moore, none of it will be your fault.
MOORE: What if they do have radios but can't hear us? What then?
SAM: (Looks at Teyla) Doctor Moore..., do you know about Teyla's wraith DNA?
MOORE: (Looks back at Teyla) No... how's that possible? Are you ok?
SAM: We'll fill you in with the details later. All you have to know right now is that Teyla has the capability of reaching out to another wraith. Get into his head... even take control of his body.
MOORE: That doesn't sound fun.
TEYLA: I had a dream yesterday. I was in a wraith's body, a queen. I believe it was on M9G441. It was dark, and the queen was running in a forest. (She pauses) Then I saw Ronon.
MOORE: (Gets up) You saw Ronon?
TEYLA: Yes. As well as Doctor McKay and 3 other marines.
MOORE: Doctor McKay is alive? Is he hurt?
TEYLA: I don't think so. But they were prisoners from the wraiths. (She pauses)
MOORE: Well, we need to hurry then. They're in danger.
SAM: I was hoping you'd say that.
MOORE: (He pauses and looks at Sam) Can I go on this mission too?
SAM: (Smiles) We leave first thing in the morning.
LORNE: (Gets up from a chair that was in the dark) Well, it was about time. (Moore looks back, scared)
MOORE: Jesus Christ, how long were you sitting in the dark like this?
LORNE: I came in here with Teyla.
MOORE: You could have said something. You scared me to death.
LORNE: (Comes to him and puts his hand on his shoulder) I like to make an impression. (He smiles and leaves) See you in the morning, doc.

--------------------------------------------------

On Zakmus.

Ronon and his team are walking in the forest. It's dark. Marshall is helping Gorkin to walk. Swalo comes near Rodney.

SWALO: I'm sorry about the computer, Doctor McKay.
MCKAY: (Looks at him) Please don't talk to me. (He walks and Swalo walks back to him)
SWALO: I... I know how important it was. So I... (Takes a paper from his pocket) I made a drawing of everything I could remember. Here. (He hands it to Rodney)
MCKAY: (Takes it) Are you really expecting me to work with this? (Looks at it) There is no scale.
SWALO: I know! But I wrote down the time frame next to it, 0.01 seconds.
MCKAY: Congratulations, you can write.
MARSHALL: He's doing the best he can, McKay. Don't be such a...
MCKAY: An asshole?
MARSHALL: I was gonna say "a bully", but sure, that works too.
MCKAY: You're too much like him, you know that?
MARSHALL: Like who? (Ronon signs them to stop. They all stop)
MCKAY: What's wrong? Wraiths?
RONON: (Looks at him) Be quiet.

They wait. He looks to his left, then signs them to go right. Rodney gives Swalo back the paper. They follow Ronon. McQuin walks with Marshall. He moves his valid foot and there is a wraith device flashing underneath. No one sees it and they continue walking.

--------------------------------------------------

Somewhere on Zakmus.

Shepp is coming to Zelenka who is sitting on a side, drinking water.

ZELENKA: How's Doctor Saline? (Shepp is shaking his head)
SHEPP: Have you talked to that Palus guy yet?
ZELENKA: I did. Doctor Kim is right, they're hiding something.
SHEPP: (Thinks) Please don't tell me that's because of their stupid rule of not helping humans.
ZELENKA: I don't know, maybe?
SHEPP: So what, we're stuck here forever?
ZELENKA: It could be worse...
SHEPP: Yeah, I know it's your dream to meet Ancients, doc. But we can't stay here. What about Ronon, Marshall... Mckay?
ZELENKA: What do you suggest?
SHEPP: (Pauses) Me and Kapp are going to look for them, first thing in the morning. Are you in? (Zelenka looks back at the Ancients)