Chapter 3 : Sanguis Rex (Season : 1 - Part 3)

(A/n : Play this music)

(A/n : Year : 8/6/2020)

(A/n : Author's POV)

For the rest of the citizens at Trikala, it was just another night, but for Michael, it was yet another sleepless night as the masked vigilante hearing to the name of Sanguis Rex.

He had yet to find where the Obsidian Cult were keeping his mother at and the clock for her life was ticking.

He blinked, trying to get any bad thoughts regarding his mother's wellbeing out of his mind, but how could he when his mother was at the hands of one of the most dangerous Mafia gangs?

He didn't had enough time to extrapolate about it any further since thanks to his supernatural sense of hearing - one of the perks of being a vampire - he was able to hear two jeeps stopping close to the two opposite sides of a nearby alleyway.

Michael : '* In his mind * Two jeeps parking near an empty alleyway this late in the night?

By the looks of it, it's kinda suspicious so I should check from above just to be on the safe side.

In the best of occasions, it would be two new people to the city who don't have a place to park their jeeps close to their homes for safety measures...

On the worst of occasions though, it would be the case that this alleyway is leading to one of the potential hidden bases for the Obsidian Cult so I will have to check it out either way, but...

Where's the possibility of me being true about it?

I mean it's not like there's going to be six armed people in this jeep guarding a seventh one who's probably going to be their higher up or that the other one is having another seven soldiers as reinforcements!!', he thought to himself and much to his shock and surprise, he had seen that he wasn't as wrong as he thought he was.

(A/n : ??? POV)

After an about half an hour drive with the Jeep, we had arrived at our destination.

Elite Obsidian Cult Soldier #1 (or EOCS #1 for short) : "Sir, we've arrived at our destination", he said to me respectfully.

Me : "*hums* Check the perimeter before I exit.

We don't want to have fallen in any police ambush so close to one of our key bases of operation, but keep four elite soldiers by my side when we enter the base for additional safety measures.", I stated.

EOCS #1 : "At once sir!", he responded.

EOCS #2 : "*uses his Walkie talkie device* You've heard the higher up boys.

I want the rest of you to keep a close eye on the perimeter for any intruders as for the rest, escort Mr Xiphias in the base.

Glory to the Obsidian Cult.", he said to the other elite team through the walkie talkie device.

EOCS #5 : "*through the walkie talkie*Glory to the Obsidian Cult!", she responded to him through the other side of the walkie talkie device and once we heard the heavy footfall of the military boots of the soldiers occupying the other vehicle I did a signal to one of the soldiers to open the door and discreetly check the perimeter.