v. hagrids first lesson

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

The trio made it down do their second lesson, it was being taught by one of their good friends, Hagrid.

He was waiting for his class at the door of his hut. He stood in his moleskin overcoat, with Fang the boar hound at his heels, looking impatient to start.

"C'mon, now! Get a move on!" The long bearded man calls out to the rest of the class waving his hand over as they start to walk over, "Got a real treat for yeh today! Great lesson comin' up! Everyone here? Right, follow me!"

Hagrid leads them down near the forest into a small clearing. "Everyone gather 'round the fence here!" he tells, "That's it — make sure yeh can see — now firs' thing yeh'll wait ter do is open yer books —"

"How?" said the cold, unfriendly voice of Draco Malfoy.

"Eh?" Said Hagrid.

"How do we open our books?" Malfoy repeated. He took out his copy of The Monster Book Of Monsters, which he had the bound shut with a length of thick rope. As Hagrid looks around he notices everyone else has their books shut too causing him to sigh.

"Hasn' — hasn' anyone bin able ter open their books?" Said Hagrid, looking dumbfounded.

The class shook their heads in response.

"Yeh've got ter stroke 'em," said Hagrid, as of it was the most obvious thing in the world, "Look—"

He took Hermiones copy out her hands and ripped off the Spellotape that bound it. The book tried to bite but Hagrid ran his giant forefinger down its spine, and the book shivered and then fell open and lay peacefully in his hands.

"Oh, how silly we've all been!" Malfoy sneered. "We should have stroked them! Why didn't we guess."

Hermione rolls her eyes at the blonde Slytherin then back at Hagrid to see his smile has dropped, she takes her book back with a grateful smile.

"I- I thought they were funny!" Hermione said to Hagrid trying to cheer him up which works and he turns around to finishing his lesson.

"Oh yeah terribly funny!" mocked Malfoy, "really witty!" He continues causing harry to scowl, "got this place as gone to the dogs. Wait until my father hears that Dumbledores' got this oaf teaching classes." He finishes with a disgusted look on his face making one of his goons laugh.

"Shut up Malfoy." Harry warns slowly, walking over to the blonde Slytherin with a causal strut.

"Oooh, Oooh!" Draco and his pack of mindless soldiers mock, Draco drops his bag and saunters over to Harry in a mock fashion.

He looks up with faux fright and screams "dementor, dementor!" causing harry to turn around in a flash but there's nothing there. He turns back around to see the Slytherins laughing at him whilst pretending to be a dementor.