(18)

-

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

-

"Nah mama, you don't owe me shit."

-

As the two former assassins left the bathroom, Steve emerged from the smaller bathroom in the corner of the room. Wiping his hands with a towel, he was dressed in simple jeans and his wifebeater was still a bit dirty.

Jaime looked at him before laying down on the bed, staring at the ceiling as Natasha kept drying her hair with a towel.

"You okay?" Steve asked, walking towards the bed.

"Mhm." Jaime hummed.

"Yeah." Natasha answered as Steve wentto sit across from her.

"What's going on?" He asked her.

Natasha looked at him, conflicted on whether to tell him the truth or lie. Jaime lifted her head up, seeing the ginger's conflicted face. She placed her hand on Natasha's lap for support as she let her head fall back down on the bed, placing her free arm under her head.

"When I first joined S.H.I.E.L.D., I thought I was going straight. But I guess I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA," Natasha began, sighing as she placed her hand on Jaime's hand in her lap. "I thought I knew whose lies I was telling, but I guess I can't tell the difference anymore," she finished, her voice trailing off as Jaime brushed her thumb over Natasha's knuckles.

"There's a chance you might be in the wrong business." Steve smiled, as Natasha huffed a small chuckle.

"I owe you. Both of you." Natasha said, glancing at Jaime.

"It's okay." Steve shook his head.

"Nah mama, you don't owe me shit." Jaime said, shaking her head at the ginger as she sat up against the headboard.

"If it was the other way around, and it was up to me to save our life, now you be honest with me. Would you trust me to do it?" Natasha asked.

"I would now." Steve said, nodding.

"Without a second thought." Jaime said, agreeing.

"And I'm always honest." Steve smiled.

"I'm not, but I am being honest right now." Jaime spoke up from behind Natasha, making her chuckle.

"Well, you seem pretty chipper for someone who just found out they died for nothing." Natasha told Steve.

"Well, I guess I just like to know who I'm fighting." Steve joked, leaning his body against the wall behind him as Sam stuck his head around the corner.

"I made breakfast. If you guys eat that sort of thing." Sam stated before turning around to leave the room. However, he turned back around when Jaime called out to him.

"Yo, Sam." she said, catching his attention.

"What's up?" he asked, leaning against the wall next to Steve with his arms crossed.