Chapter 17 - The cry for help

Start from the beginning

I get cookie dough with chocolate sauce, my favorite.

While eating I listen to the other conversations. Alexander and Salvatore discuss whether Alexander needs a crash course in art or not. Alexander thinks he doesn't but looking at his so-called lamp I disagree.

I listen to a conversation between dad and grandpa about celebrating Christmas together. I would love them to come and celebrate Christmas here.

Four messages pop up in a row on my phone. I pick up my phone and my heart drops when I read them.

Alessia!

I'm in trouble Please help me. Don't tell the others.

I'm there we celebrated your birthday.

Don't tell the others please.

I slowly put my phone back into my pocket, I look around, no one seems to realize that I have got any messages, but dad seems to realize my change of mood.

"You okay sweetheart?" Everybody turns to me.

"Yes, I'm just really tired. I think I will go to bed," I rub my eyes and make them look heavy before I stand up and make my way to my room.

"Goodnight, everyone," I say before walking inside.

"Goodnight," they say in unison.

When I'm out of sight I sprint to my bedroom.

I pull out my leather jacket from the hanger and put it over my light gray hoodie. I put my phone in my pocket and softly walk out.

I walk out of the front door and close it silently, not taking any risk. I run on tiptoe to the garage.

My black bike stands alone in the nearest corner with my black helmet hanging from the handlebars. I rush over to the bike and take it outside.

I go over to the small gate. The gate for the cars will draw too much attention.

I tap the password on the small keypad. 0709 the date Robin and I came here.

The gate opens slightly with a squeak, I open it wider trying to make as less noise as possible.

I get the bike out and I close the gate again and wait for the sound that reassures me it's locked.

I put on my helmet and ride out onto the road; I ride as fast as I can until I'm a long way past the house.

I stop, and turn on my bicycle lamp that lights up the formerly dark road. I jump back on the bike and speed up with only one thought in mind.

I'm not letting you down again brother.

I ride forever before I turn down another road.

The lampposts light up the road. It's beautiful, like a path made by God, a path to something good, but thinking of Robin's messages maybe the path is leading to an end, a tempting path by the lights that leads to a disaster, like a trail of food leading into a cage to trap an innocent animal just to be a research animal or thing to entertain the most cruel animal in the food chain, humans.

I stop at the recognizable building and jump off my bike. I take off my helmet and hang it on the handlebars.

My ears are frozen, and my nose is slightly running from the cold wind .

I walk a few feet away from the lighted road and closer to the giant building that contains so many good memories, even if it's just one night. The building was filled with laughter, happiness, and light but now everything is dark in there, and out here, the only light is from the lamppost at the road, making it just bright enough for me not to stumble into anything.

I look around into the darkness. Something isn't right. Am I too late? Is he okay?

"Robin!" I call out. No answer, the only sound is the cold wind whistling in my ears.

I take my phone out and call Robin. I cover the other ear with my hand to shield from the wind so I can hear Robin better.

"Robin, where are you?"

"I'm in my room," he answers, and confusion fills my head.

"You're home?"

"Yeah? I just got home."

"But you texted me- " A hand from behind covers my mouth. An arm wraps around my waist and pulls me back. I scream at the top of my lungs; Robin screams my name from my phone before I drop it onto the ground.

I repeatedly try to elbow the person attacking me. I try to kick him.

I drop to the ground. A man with a ski mask stamps onto my phone, making it crush into pieces before he stands over me.

He pulls me up in the hem of my shirt and hit the side of my head with a rock.

I dodge. I kick him between his legs, making him stumble back and I stand up.

I run away from him.

Fast footsteps behind me get replaced with the sound of a car's engine.

I sprint past my bike and out onto the road again. I cry. I scream. Scream for help. Scream for God. Scream for anyone to come to help me. The sound of wheeling sounds behind me.

I run for my life when the feeling of hard metal hitting my back bumps into me making me fall right into a lamppost.

It was supposed to bring light but now everything is black.

The light never seems to stay with me for long.

Wordcount: 1498

What do you think?

Please come with feedback.

And please vote❤️