Chapter 6 - Blood, Sweat and Tears

Start from the beginning

"Good, that's good... okay I need you to take some deep breaths, okay?"

I keep fighting for air, I feel myself swaying from side to side as my dizziness increases. A huge hand grabs my shoulder and makes me lay down on the floor, he holds my hand while someone is lifting in my feet, making the blood from my feet race to my head.

"Take a deep breath in and hold it." I close my eyes to concentrate, and do as he says. "And breathe out... in... out," he repeats.

After a couple of minutes my vision starts to get clear, I look up, finding Antonio in front of me with a worried look on his face, and Robin and the others standing behind him with a worried expression as well. Antonio helps me sit up against the wall, I don't look at them.

"I'm- " I began but Lorenz cut me off.

"If that sentence includes the word sorry, we don't want to hear it."

But this time I have something to be sorry for. I embarrassed them, interrupted Antonio' and Alexanders meeting, and I failed Robin, again.

Antonio tells the others to go back to what they were doing so there is only him and me left.

"What happened sweetheart?" he asks me softly.

"He-he slapped me," I stutter.

"I know that, but... Alessia, that wasn't a normal reaction for someone being slapped."

"I'm sorry," I sob.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, I just wanna understand, I just wanna help you."

I don't answer, so many thoughts go through my brain, it feels like standing on a bridge and a train drives through under you, a thought leaves as quickly as it comes, not having a chance to find out what to say.

"Let's go to your room, shall we?" I nod, and we go to my room, we sit shoulder to shoulder in my bed. I like the comfort of his touch.

"Listen, I know you don't know me, or trust me, but I want you to know that you can come to me, okay?"

I nod. I want to tell him, but I don't want to tell him either. He put his hand on my back, and for a split second I worry about him hurting me, but I quickly relax at his touch and for a moment feeling safe with him.

I want him to go away but I want him to stay for the rest of the day.

"Is there something you are worrying about?" he asks me.

Snapping out of my thoughts I look up at him, and the thought of telling him crosses my mind, I shake my head, telling him would be like digging my own grave for the next hurtful betrayal.

He sighs. He opens his mouth to say something but stops himself when I lay my head on his shoulder, seeking the safe feeling before it disappears forever.

We sit in a comfortable silence for a long time before Antonio speaks again, "do you need anything?"

"Maybe a little alone time," I say and pull away from his shoulder, he nods.

"If you need anything just text me," he says before he closes the door after him.

TUESDAY

The next day we sit at lunch. I'm grateful that no one has said anything about what happened yesterday.

At the end of the lunch Alexander's phone is calling, "Oh, it's him," he tells Antonio before he walks out. The twins stand up after eating their lunch.

"Hey Robin, you wanna play football?" Diego asks him.

"Umm okay... what about you?" he turns to me.

"No thank you." It's not that I don't want to spend time with my brothers, it's just I don't feel like it right now, and I'm not much for much anyway, I would probably just ruin the good mood.