Chapter 3 - Rules & Punishments

Start from the beginning

I hand him 40 dollars and jump back out of the car taking a deep breath of fresh air. The taxi drives away again, and I walk into the pharmacy.

All the shop assistants are busy, so I take a number and look around at all the medicine on the shelves until it's my turn. I have got number 15.

After a while a shop assistant calls my number, I walk up to her and meet a very tired looking woman, she has brown hair put in a messy bun and she is chewing gum, very loud.

"What can I do for you?" she asks me, chewing on her gum.

"Vitamin K crème and sleep medicine," I tell her. She nods and goes in the back and comes back with two small boxes, she types something into the machine (still while chewing. It's starting to get on my nerves.)

"32 dollars," she tells me. I take my money out of my pocket, 60 dollars, but I also need to come back to the house again, that leaves me with 20.

"Umm, how much for only the sleep medicine?" I ask.

"14 dollars."

"Then only the sleep medicine." She taps something on the machine, I give her 20 dollars, I take the changes and the sleep meds and walk out again.

I call a taxi again and it arrives in ten minutes.

"40 dollars," I hand him my 40 dollars and get out, and he speeds away. What is it with them and speeding?

I walk over to the gate, it opens, and I walk inside the house.

Alexander is rushing down the stairs, he pauses when he sees me.

"SHE'S HERE!" he yells looking up the stairs, I flinch, but he doesn't notice. He rushes over to me.

"Where the hell have you been?" he asks with a stern voice, I take a step back, but before I get to answer I hear loud stamps and Antonio and the rest come rushing down the stairs.

"Where have you been?"

"You can't just go."

"You're in so much trouble."

"What the hell do you think you were doing?"

They ramble all at once, and with all I mean, the twins, Lorenz, and Salvatore.

"Silence!" Antonio shouts and they stop, I flinch again but no one seems to notice. I didn't know I would get in so much trouble. I look at my feet while wiping my sweaty hand in my pants, my heart is beating so fast that I can hear it.

"Let's go to the living room," he says with a softer voice. He lies a soft hand on my shoulder and guides me towards the living room.

It's a big light room, with floor-to-ceiling windows, four light gray big couches, and two small white coffee tables on a light gray carpet.

Robin is sitting on the nearest couch with an expression I can't read. I go sit next to him and Antonio sits on my other side and Alexander next to Antonio, while the others sit on the couch in front of us, everyone's eyes are on me.

"What Made You Think You Just Could Leave Without Telling Us!" Matteo shouts and I flinch.
"I'm sorry," I mumble, trying to hold back my tears. I really want to be strong for Robin, but I can't, I just can't, I'm so scared.

"Enough," Antonio says sternly.

"Why don't you all go out and make everyone a cup of tea, and take Robin with you," Antonio says, and Robin, and the others leave the living room.

Tea? I freeze, my heart pounding harder, if that's even possible.

He's mad, I embarrassed him on the street, and he hasn't done anything yet, he hasn't had the chance because mom was home when we came.