Despair

She felt someone stroking her face, she hummed out a little.

"Oh god don't tell me it hasn't worn off" she heard Lilith voice and opened her eyes.

Lilith sat on her bed looking down at her anxiously.

"I'm canceling my date" she said pointedly,
Lenora shook her head, "no no, you haven't seen him Theo in a month, please go."

  She sat up in bed, sunlight filled the room she looked around a little confused and then she remembered last night. Delia that bitch. She oh my god she slipped me a potion.

   Lilith watched Nora's face as she remembered last night.

"Are you sure?" she asked tentatively.

"Yes Lil, I'm fine. It's worn off" her eyes went to her nightgown.

"I helped you change. After you fell asleep of course".

Lenora's hand was over her mouth, "I'm humiliated".

"It wasn't that bad" they both knew she was lying.

She hugged Lilith  goodbye and saw her off into the hall. Down the hall she heard footsteps, and low tones. Curious she walked after them her arms across her chest. The nightgown billowed at her ankles and she crept.

   She turned her corner and saw the door to the small library open. It was Abraxas and Avery who went in without shutting the door. Nora waited for a moment before crossing the hall to stand outside the door.

"Wow, I knew Delia was bad but I didn't think she was crazy" Avery said.

"I could have hexed her" Abraxas angrily slammed a book off the shelf.

"Did Nora... did Tom.." she couldn't tell what Avery was asking.

"No... he held her off. It was hard for him... well you know" Abraxas said "I think he's going to leave her alone"

"That was incredibly bad timing" Avery agreed.
"She was like a wild animal...Lenora. It reminded me of..." his voice trailed off.

Avery laughed and her face burned. This is so humiliating and confusing. What are they alluding to?

"So which curse are we trying today?" Avery asked hopping onto the desk to sit

"Is there a curse for making an item blow up the person who touches it?" They both thought for a moment and laughed.

"I swear he gives us the most impossible missions" Malfoy shook his head.

"A curse that kills a person but not immediately, that causes them to suffer up to their death" Avery was reading their notes, "not once they touch an object. But only if they intend to destroy it"

They both sighed, "impossible".

Lenora went back down the hallway quietly to her room.

She nearly never summoned her house elf. Clampis looked around at the guest room in the Malfoy lakehouse very confused.

"Is Miss Lenora okay?" She asked scratching her head. Lenora wiped off her tear stained cheeks and held the blanket around her.

"I'm okay Clampis. Can you get a few things for me?" She would rather call Clampis than dare face everyone downstairs.

"Clampis will get whatever Miss Lenora needs" the elf took a list written on parchment out of Nora's hands and popped away.

She was so thankful that her bathroom adjoined her room. Why couldn't the potion wipe her memory when she was done with it. The rum had only given her a headache. As the water poured down her she thought of unbuttoning her dress in front of half her friends, watching Tom barely able to control herself and straddling him grinding onto him  until...she sighed.
Unable to think about it more. How was she going to get Tom to take her seriously now? She needed him to allow her to join the death eaters.
     "Clampis is leaving everything on Miss Lenora's dresser" she heard the elf call out.

"Thank you!" She said turning off the water. She only had one pair of trousers, she found an old shirt that must have been Malfoys. She let her wet hair air dry as she drank the coffee and ate the piece of fruit that Clampis brought for her.

   When it was dry, she tied it up and out of her face messily. The cauldron from her room at home was heavy and she moved it to the floor. She looked at the ingredients before her, and began to combine them in mortar.

     She crushed moonseed and sprinkled mummy dust into her cauldron. The deadlyus mushrooms smelled awful, she nearly cracked a window but time was of the essence with this potion. This was her answer, it was a potion of despair.

    Wickedly hard to make, it would cause the drinker to experience torture and hallucinations. All he and to do was lay the object inside the liquid and the only way for someone to retrieve it would be to drink it.

  Water hemlock. That was the final ingredient, she had left it in her dress pocket. She found her dress rumpled in a corner and dug through the pocket quickly. Nora sat back down in front of her cauldron.

Tom had to get out of there. Last night was too much. Lestrange and Mulciber were more than happy to escape as well so they apparated to Hogshead.

  Tom felt more at ease with Mulciber and Lestrange for once. They were loyal, and more reserved. They were never his friends first and most importantly they did not care about Nora. When they heard about the happenings of last night from Theo they didn't pry. Tom was able to sit down for a drink with them without offended scowls and tiresome questions.

    They drank fire whiskey. They spoken about recruitment, "Dolohov and Yaxley by the end of the summer, my lord" Lestrange said and Tom approved. At least someone's doing their job, He thought, maybe he should have had them researching curses instead.

Black felt trapped. Why did he agree to be part of the Deatheaters? At the time it seemed like such a good idea, Tom Riddle was a visionary. He charmed him with his talk of a better wizarding world.
"We need a talented healer" he told Black, "be part of the future".
Black was caught hook, line and sinker. Then there was the matter of Tom Riddles girlfriend.
He was on the long list of her admirers, it was hard not to be. His whole life, he watched her float around being unattainable. For a moment he thought about their conversation at the mirror or Ersid.
"You're not scared of Tom either are you?" She had asked him.
Black had said no. What a fool he had been. He couldn't understand why Tom bothered to erase her memory if she was never allowed to have a life. He saw the way Riddle looked at her last night and every night before. Should he stay out of it?
   Cygnus sighed looking at her window from outside where he had been walking that afternoon. All morning she had hid out. Probably embarrassed. Tom was gone and the rest of the guys were distracted. This would be the perfect time to check on her.

Lenora untied the pouch and turned it upside down to dump the water hemlock into her mortar.
Powder. That's what flew up from the bag. In a moment it dawned on her as to why. Her throwing herself onto Tom, she must have crushed it last night. She gasped in realization and tried to move back but it was too late.
     The particles of poisonous flower flew up in the air and surrounded her. Lenora choked loudly as she tried to crawl to the window to open it. The heady feeling took over her. She tried to speak it open but she couldn't get words out.

  Her foot kicked over the cauldron and the bubbling liquid spilled onto the floor. She coughed because she couldn't scream in pain as it splashed onto her hand.

  Alohomora she thought say it Alohomora. The window flew open but she thudded onto the floor passed out.