part 1: the unforgettable reunion

jeon youngha is incredibly stupid. as she stares at the size of her car, she comes to the realization that perhaps she isn't the brightest tool in the shed a little too late to save herself from the ridicule she was sure to experience soon enough.

"you thought you were really going to be able to fit six people in your car with suitcases when your car is the size of a mini cooper?" claire yoon, one of claire's best friends and resident mother figure says with her hands on her hips.

"in my defense, i forgot that jay and jake study abroad," youngha says, pouting as she examines the size once more. "and don't knock my car; she's fit the six of us before."

"first of all, forgetting that jay studies abroad is understandable to some extent, since he's always here for every break he gets. but jake only comes back for the summer so how did you forget about that one? not to mention the fact that your car is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but we only fit the six of us in there because last time, our parents brought all of our luggage." youngha has nothing to say to claire's logic so she just pouts as she tries to come up with a solution. the two of them were on gimpo airport duty (picking up jay and jake) since the other two members of their group were already in seoul and still getting ready, which meant that it was really far too late for them to try and figure out and logistics now.

"i still can't believe that they're letting us stay in the pohang house by ourselves for the entire summer," youngha sighs dreamily, already conjuring up visions of herself laying on the beach and spending time with the locals of pohang that their families had gotten close to over the years of vacationing there.

"what i can't believe is that they all booked a trip to europe without us! for the whole summer!" claire harrumphs, folding her arms over her chest. youngha looks over at her with a silly smile, shaking her head.

"can you blame them? they're probably sick and tired of us for staying and living at home even when we're all grown up and going to college," youngha says with a twinkle in her eye, checking her watch to make sure that they weren't missing jake and jay's arrival.

"we're korean," claire deadpans. "they'll be living with us even when we have our own kids."

"it's the thought that counts," youngha says with a laugh. the pair of them start to make their way from where they had parked to inside the airport to receive jake and jay, discussing all of the plans they had made while waiting for the summer throughout the school year.

a refreshing gust of cool air swept youngha's hair back as she stepped into gimpo airport. no matter how many times she came to this airport (a total of maybe twenty times, since jay always preferred that youngha picked him up - as if she never had anything better to do) (she usually didn't), it always amazed her to see just how big and grand it was.

korea had seen hardships in its past and seeing progress in places that youngha had forgotten progress could be seen always made her throat jump with a proud smile.

"did you check the schedule to see when the flight from australia is landing? the american flight landed ten minutes ago," youngha says, furrowing her eyebrows as she checks the time that she had haphazardly scribbled onto her hand when jay called her to make sure she didn't forget to pick the two of them up.

"yeah, jake told me that the flight was supposed to land...twenty minutes ago," claire says, checking the memo she had left on her phone.

"well, that means that jay probably still has about ten minutes before he makes it out here but jake should already be here by now," youngha says, scanning the growing crowd of people around them. she's about to pull out her phone to call him to check where he was when claire lets out a blood curdling scream next to her, causing her to drop her phone in panic.