153: What Kind of Shitty Method Is That?

Start from the beginning

Lin Sanjiu turned back and took one step closer to the edge again. Suddenly, she couldn't hear the sounds from the city below her. All she could hear was her pounding heart. She tightened the knot on her wrist and took a deep breath. She stuck the tip of her leg out—

The next second, Lin Sanjiu's body was in the air. She had leaped out from the window and was screaming involuntarily. Under the cyan skies at dawn, her body swooped downward like a small hawk. As she free-fell, the few seconds of weightlessness made her feel like her heart was about to leap out; the gushing air current caused by the air resistance hit her face and body. Her skin hurt, but she was suddenly overwhelmed by a refreshing feeling from her head to the tip of her toes that she had never felt before. She made a whooping sound and then started laughing uncontrollably.

The rope of a few hundred meters quickly reached its full length, stopping her fall abruptly. Lin Sanjiu was still a few stories away from the ground. Lin Sanjiu thought quickly and converted the rope into a card while she flexed her legs and leaped toward a nearby tree using her momentum.

There were a few cries of alarm from the ground as Lin Sanjiu grabbed a tree branch tightly. She swung off the excess of downward momentum before jumping to the ground with a thud.

"It's Xiao Jiu!"

"Miss Lin jumped down from the top!"

The women who were still some distance away were shocked by her antics, and there was a large commotion as they quickly ran over to Lin Sanjiu. Bai Xiaoke led the group as her escort ran behind, carrying Xueqin.

Lin Sanjiu caught her breath before she flashed a large grin at the people running toward her. Everyone was in quite a sorry state. All of them grinned widely, showing their white teeth despite their dirty and bloodied faces, making it hard to distinguish them. The women cheered and laughed. Considering the noise, Lin Sanjiu found it difficult to make out what the others were saying.

Gong Daoyi stood behind the group of ecstatic women and watched them quietly with his hands in his pockets.

"Alright, let's talk later," Lin Sanjiu gestured for the group to keep quiet. "We don't have much time now. There are only 20 minutes before this entire place is destroyed."

Indeed, after the radiation shield had been disabled, the next progression of the chain reaction was turning the city into ashes. Since Nüwa no longer wanted to continue this experiment, the humans living in the Garden of Eden were naturally useless to her.

Lin Sanjiu didn't have time to explain further. They needed to search and get as many resources from this place as possible before the self-destruction sequence started. After she briefed them quickly, the group was split into two teams and went about completing their tasks. One team was tasked with searching for food and daily necessities, while the other had to gather weapons and Special Items.

Xueqin was in the group now rushing to the Garden of Eden Laboratories. Bai Xiaoke's escort carried her behind while he ran beside Lin Sanjiu. After hesitating for a few seconds, Xueqin finally whispered, "What happened in the black tower? Where is Li Tao?"

Lin Sanjiu grimaced inward. Lin Sanjiu found it incredible that she managed to disable the radiation shield despite the perils.

At that time, when her Pygmalion Choker was activated, she was so dejected that she could pull out a clump of her hair.

'What shitty ability is this?! Can sneezing kill anyone? Is it powerful? Besides, St. Peter and the others do not have noses. They only have two nostrils!'

Even though she knew the ability was probably useless against them, Lin Sanjiu couldn't help trying her luck and testing it on them. She tried to use the ability on all four of them simultaneously, but they did not react. They didn't even cringe.