4.

Artist: Leomon_puff on Instagram
Third Person

July 7th, 2004.

"School is starting up again next month." Wilbur mumbles looking at his backpack hanging in the closet, "Do I get to go to school too?" Techno asks looking at his older brother. "Yeah, you'll be starting kindergarten!" Wilbur responds happily.

Wilbur smiles as Techno get excited for school, "I always imagined it'd be mom and dad talking with him about starting school instead of me..." He thinks silently watching his younger sibling ramble incoherently. "Hey Will, I was wanting to talk to you is that okay?" Missa says walking into Wilbur's bedroom.

"Yeah that's fine, Techno why don't you go play with Chayanne in your room or something?" Wilbur says and his younger brother quickly darted out of the room. Missa smiles and sits down on the bed besides Wilbur. "I'm sure you noticed that it's been definitely a while since Phil left." Missa starts off, and Wilbur nods.

Missa looks at Wilbur for a few seconds then takes a deep breath, "Since he abandoned you three, the government wants to rehouse you three to extended family unless I can prove that I'll be able to raise you all together well. But Phil and Kristen's extended families are also fighting for custody of you too." Missa says and Wilbur's face goes pale.

"I want to stay with you! not some people I've never met! Mom doesn't like her family, that's why we never visited or met them!" Wilbur yelps and grabs onto Missa's sleeves of the light blue hoodie. Missa sighs and pulls Wilbur into a hug, "I'm going to do my best I can so that you all can stay with me, I promise you that." He says confidently and Wilbur hugs him back tightly.

Wilbur looks up, "How are they going to try and prove you're not suit to take care of us?" He asks. "In a few weeks, they're going to come by and see if the house is in a good condition for all five of you." He says, "and if they say it isn't?" Wilbur whispers scared of the response.

"They'll take you all away and into the foster system for my kids, and you three to extended family." Missa says as his eyes teared up. "I'll make sure all of our rooms are clean and even-" "Wilbur, you're only eight. Don't worry about this too much, I'm telling you because I know that if I didn't you'd find out on your own anyway." Missa says with a stern tone but it comforted Wilbur in some ways.

Wilbur nods and hugs Missa one more time. "Thank you for taking care of us." He says with a smile, "I'll take care of you all till my death." He says and hugs him back.

Word count: 455