Tempted to Fall 🍎:

Tempted to Fall 🍎:

We're now at Matthew chapter four where Jesus is being tempted by Satan in the desert.

Jesus had been fasting for forty days and forty nights and was very hungry. In his vulnerable state, Satan came and tried him. When you are most vulnerable and weak, Satan will come and tempt you. He will have you questioning who God called you to be. There are three tempting tactics of Satan: 1. Doubt 2. Deception 3. Distraction

1. Doubt:

During the first temptation, Satan insisted that Jesus command the stones to come as bread if he was really the son of God. Jesus responds and says that man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes out of God's mouth."

What does Jesus mean by we don't survive by bread (food) alone? Isn't that how we survive?

There are many people who think they're surviving, living, and thriving but the sad truth is, they're dead. Spiritually speaking. Feed ya' spirit, it's dying. Sometimes we get so caught up in the flesh, we forget to feed our spirits.

That's why depression is so high. That's why anxiety is so high. That's why lust is so high. Because you're feeding the desires of your flesh.

It's harmful to live by the flesh or our sinful nature, meaning to do what we desire to do. In Roman's 8:13, it states that if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live."

So basically it's sacrificial. Jesus demonstrated his sacrificial love for us when he obeyed his Father and died on the cross. A sacrifice was made. We are to demonstrate our love for Christ by dying to ourselves. Denying ourself and desires for the fulfillment of our Father.

What does Paul, the writer of Romans, mean when he says that you will die if you live according to the flesh?

It means that you will die, and when you die, your eternal destination will be death. And because you refused to deny yourself, you will experience the whole reason why Jesus sacrificed himself in the first place. So we can escape the wrath of God.

2. Deception:

Satan tells Jesus to throw himself down the pinnacle. The word pinnacle means top or peak. When your walk in Christ is at its peak, the devil will whisper something sweet in your ear. It may sound a little like, "Just do it one more time. He'll forgive you."

Deception!

James 4:17: "If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn't do it, it is sin for them."

If you know better, do better 🧐🫵🏾.

3. Distraction:

In verse eight it states that the devil took him to a very high mountain. And I'm sitting here thinking, the devil purposely waits and schemes for us to reach to the top (in our walk in Christ) and with any temptation, preys on us to fall.

Now Satan then tempts Jesus for the third time, "All this I will give you if you bow down to me."

Distraction!

This just shows us that sometimes that blessing is a testing to get you off track. Not all blessings are from God. See when you only have eyes for the blessing and not God, it's easier to fall into sin.

Stay on guard ❤️! I love you but God loves you more. He's proud of you, keep going, warrior!