But she already knew that.

"Bobby's coming in an hour to tow the Impala back to his place, but I gotta go empty the trunk first," Sam changed the subject, "You wanna come with? Get some fresh air?"

"No, Sam, I'm good," she softly replied, shifting her eyes back to the floor.

Sam stood up and looked down at Venus. "They're gonna be okay, y'know? All of them."

Her lips briefly curved upwards in a half smile. "I know," but the logical part of her wouldn't let her fully believe that. She promptly silenced that voice of reason.

"Miss Watson?" a new voice came between them.

Venus stood up, answering to her fake name. "Yes," she turned to the nurse expectantly.

"Your uncle's awake and asking for you."

Venus inhaled a shaky breath and sent Sam one last nod before following the nurse to her uncle's room nearby. She walked in to see the older man halfway through a cup of jello, his right leg fully covered by a thick white cast and slightly elevated above his bed. "Hey, chiquita," he perked up at the sight of her.

She waited for the nurse to leave then pulled up a chair by his bedside. "Hey, tío," she managed a genuine smile.

Arturo brought his jello cup over to her. "Here, it's cherry, I think you'll like it."

Venus sighed, waving off the offer. "I'm good, you eat up."

The older man faltered slightly, knowing that she hadn't eaten anything since they arrived there. He took in her full state and determined that she hadn't slept either. "You should go find a motel later, mija, you need some sleep."

"So you finally let somebody bandage that head wound, huh?" she deflected with ease.

Arturo rolled his eyes but decided not to press further. "Yeah. Let's hope 'Ronald Watson's insurance covers it," he whispered, gesturing to his fake insurance card on the table across the room.

Venus chuckled softly but found her eyes lingering on her uncle's leg.

"It's not too bad," Arturo shrugged, noticing her stare.

Venus sent him a knowing look.

"I'll walk again...eventually," he deflated.

"How long?"

"Six months."

Venus scoffed. "Yeah, okay so it'll heal in six months, but I'm guessing you'll have to use crutches and a splint for another month after?"

"Two months," Arturo reluctantly corrected.

"Which means I'm making sure you stay off the road for nine months," Venus determined, leaving no room for argument.

"You mean eight months."

Venus sent him a sickly sweet smile. "No, I meant nine. What's an extra month for good measure?"

Arturo groaned in annoyance, "Come on, the doctor said eight months is more than enough time."

"Well, the doctor doesn't know that you fight and kill monsters for a living so..." she paused and pulled out her cell phone to text Bobby, "Bobby's gonna be your roommate–slash–prison warden until April. Okay?"

Arturo sighed, accepting his fate. "Fine."

Venus hurriedly shot Bobby a text updating him on Arturo's condition then tucked the device away, peeking up to meet her uncle's piercing gaze. "What?" she asked.