━ xxix

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "It's just been a bad day, is all

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "It's just been a bad day, is all."
💫✦🌺

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

IT HAD BEEN TWELVE HOURS SINCE THE ACCIDENT.

Sam stepped out of Dean's room, on his way to see his father, when he spotted Venus sitting at the other end of the hallway. She was in the same seat he'd found her in earlier in the day, when he first woke up, and she was still staring at the same painted tile square on the floor, unmoving.

"V?" he gently called out to her.

But she didn't move. He wasn't even sure if she heard him.

Sam carefully approached the woman and sat in the empty seat beside her. "Have you slept at all today?"

Venus slowly shook her head, eyes still trained on the floor.

Sam frowned when he noticed the lines of dried tears on her face. He didn't know what to do at the moment, how to help her. This was the most hopeless he'd seen her since Jess' death. "The doctor said that my dad's awake and Uncle Artie should be out of surgery soon," he tried to deliver some good news.

He noticed her eyes flicker to Dean's room at the end of the hall. It was so fast that if he'd blinked he would've missed it.

"The doctor gave me some updates on Dean's condition too, if you wanna hear it."

Venus gave no response so Sam took that as his cue to continue.

"He said that his liver and kidney were bruised and he lost a lot of blood. Then he said something about early signs of cerebral edema. I mean, I don't even know what that is–"

"Brain swelling," Venus' first words of the day came, low and scratchy.

Sam's eyes widened. It was so low he barely heard it. "What?"

Venus cleared her throat and looked up at Sam. "Cerebral edema is brain swelling, too much fluid in the brain," she explained, her voice slightly louder but still empty.

Sam nodded in understanding, still holding her stare. Her eyes were no longer their deep brown, now a dull, hollow shell of the distress she was feeling, the skin around it puffy and red from her constant crying. He decided it was best to leave out the part where the doctor informed him that there was a chance that Dean wouldn't wake up.