Y/N: Sovereign isn't like other ships is it. Where did it come from? 

Benezia: I cannot say. The geth did not build it. Its technology is far more advanced than that of any known species. The longer you stay aboard, the more Saren's will seems correct. You sit at his feet and smile as his words pour into you. It is subtle at first. I thought I was strong enough to resist it. Instead, I became a willing tool, eager to serve. He sent me here to find the location of the Mu Relay. Its position was lost thousands of years ago. 

Shepard: How does something that big go missing?

Benezia: Four thousand years ago, a star nearby went supernova. The shockwave propelled the relay out of its system, but did not damage it. Its precise vector and speed are impossible to determine. As millennia passed, the nebula created by the nova enveloped the relay. It is difficult to find any cold object in interstellar space. Particularly something swathed in hot dust and radiation. 

Y/N: Unless something was old enough to witness where it went.

Shepard seemed shocked that I said that and I looked at her.

Y/N: What?

Shepard: I'm just surprised you said something smart instead of something idiotic.

Y/N: Oh haha.  

Benezia: L/N is right. Two thousand years ago, the rachni inhabited that region of our galaxy. They discovered the relay. The rachni can share memories across generations. Queens inherit the knowledge of their mothers. I took the location of the relay from the queen's mind. I was not gentle.

Shepard: You can still make it right. Give me the information. 

Benezia: I wan not myself, but-- I should have been stronger. I transcribed the data to an OSD. Take it. Please. 

She walked over and handed Shepard the OSD as Liara spoke next.

Liara: Knowing the relay's coordinates is not enough. Do you know where he planned to go from there?

Benezia: Saren wouldn't tell me his destination. But you must find out quickly. I transmitted the coordinates to him before you arrived. You have to stop-- me. I can't-- His teeth are at my ear. Fingers on my spine. You should-- Uh, you should-

Liara: Mother!, I-- Don't leave! Fight him!

Benezia: You've always made me proud, Liara. Die!

She turned around facing us and quickly we moved out of the way as she fired, but she had not cover as the fight was quickly over. 

Benezia: I cannot go on. You have to stop him, Shepard. 

Shepard: Hold on. We've got medi-gel, maybe we can-

Benezia: No. He is still in my minds. I am not entirely myself. I never will be again.

Liara: Mother... 

Benezia: Good night, Little Wing. I will see you again with the dawn. 

As she passed I walked over to the rachni queen with Shepard. 

Y/N: So that's the rachni queen?

Shepard: Yeah... That's her.

Y/N: What do we do with her?

Shepard: I don't kno-

It suddenly screeched at us and we jumped back bumping into a dead asari that we killed as it walked over to the queen and faced us. 

Rachni Queen: This one. Serves as our voice. we cannot sing. Not in these low spaces. Your musics are colorless. 

Shepard: Musics? What?