Chapter 3 - Who are you guys

My eyes fluttered open slowly. The ground I was on was very hard and I could feel my back already aching. I slightly moved when I heard somebody without a quiet eek. I swear I could hear them shaking. I got up slowly hoping not to startle them. It was very dark so it was hard to see them.

"Hello?" I said hoping to get a response and to my luck I did.

"You're not speaking English!" they shout, reminding me about the day prior.

"You too!" I shout back. I then hear footsteps heading toward me and I see the guy from school. He seemed to realize the same thing and hugged me out of normal.

"You're the girl from school. Do you know what's happening? Why are we in a cage?" he said while crying hysterically.

I patted his back in an attempt to calm him down. "I'm sorry, I don't know why this is happening. I don't even know where we are," I told him honestly. 

I then looked outside of our cage and saw some monstrous things. I stiffen and the boy let go to see what made me stiff. He screamed when he saw it. I couldn't blame him. The thing looked so unnerving. We sat in silence for a few minutes before I introduced myself.

"My name is Akari, what about you?"

"Chikara," he said, and after a moment he continued "How are we going to get out."

I looked around for a moment before I saw a man in a suit. On his belt, there were some keys. Chikara saw where I was looking and realized what my plan was. He looked scared to death.

"Stay there for a minute," I said quietly "I'll get the keys."

He nodded stiffly and started biting his fingernails. I walked over to him as quietly as possible and went to grab the keys when there was a loud bang. It seemed to distract him, to my luck. I waved Chikara over as I unlocked the cage as quietly as possible. The guard seemed to be too focused on the walkie-talkie. Chikara and I were walking backward to keep an eye on the guard in case he noticed us. We made it a couple of meters away from our cage before he turned around and suddenly froze. Chikara was staring at him intently with his eyes wide. He then proceeded to tell me he froze him.

"I know we just met and this is very weird, but I froze him. I can make things stop moving if I stop moving. Please don't hate me," he said.

So he's a negator. I should probably tell him I'm one too, but right now is not a good time to do so. He started shaking and the guy started to move again. He didn't look too pleased and started talking to us. I didn't understand a single thing he was saying when he pointed his gun at us. Chikara froze him again thankfully and was about to go grab the gun from the man when Chikara started talking.

"Don't go over there, you'll be frozen too." I was about to argue with him when he started shaking again. He apologized and held onto me while I held him back. The man then pointed the gun at our feet before he suddenly collapsed.

We saw four people behind him. One of them started to approach us and stopped right in front of us. He towered over us. I was 157 cm and Chikara wasn't much taller. He also had one of his eyes covered. He began to talk to us much we didn't understand.

"I don't speak English," Chikara said. Then the man looked at me.

"Me too," I said and he sighed as he talked to a lady in a pretty dress. He seemed disappointed as he dragged me away and talked to me as if I understood him. Chikara tried to follow but a buff guy pointed a machine gun at him and started to count down. It seemed they wanted him to use his power. I tried to run to Chikara, but the guy held me as he continued to talk to me. I struggled in his grip but couldn't get out. I started crying begging Chikara to freeze him.

"Come on Chikara you can do it, please. I don't want you to die." I screamed. Chikara was shaking badly and couldn't stop. Then the guy shot at him. I shut my eyes not wanting to see him all bloody. The grip on me loosed and I opened my eyes to see Chikara alive on the floor. He was behind a man that was pushing bullets out of his body. It was very disturbing, but he saved Chikara so I pushed through the urge to vomit. He had silver hair and his clothes seemed to repair themselves.

Then a girl fell through the ceiling. She was caught by the man with silver hair. She looked barely older than me and ran over to Chikara. She placed a red necktie on him and his eyes widened.

"I can understand," he said in English and I understood him. Which confused me. I then realized I could understand the silver-haired man and the young lady. I was then shoved back as the man who had held me slashed the silver-haired man's neck and it was bleeding heavily. Chikara and I started screaming. Then the two newcomer's eyes were on me.

"There are two?" the guy said as the girl looked at me and ushered me to go over there.

I don't know why I trust them, but they saved Chikara from dying and it was probably safer than being over here, with the people who almost killed Chikara.

I got up and was about to head over there when I was once again grabbed by the man with the eyepatch.

He then started to speak and all I picked up was the silver-haired man was named Undead.

The man who I now know as undead brings his sword to his throat but stops. He then looks at the young lady, whom he calls Fuko, and she nods. The guy holding me starts talking and Chikara starts to freak out and during all of this I struggle, yet his grip doesn't loosen.

Fuko then cuts off Undead's head. His head lands in front of us. His head propels itself to hit my captor in the face. He lets go of me and I run to the other side. The young lady hen puts a necktie on me and then I can understand everything being said.

Out of nowhere, a giant hand burst through the wall, grabbing two guys and leaving. Undead and the guy who held me started fighting. Undead's hands get cut off and he talks to the guy and calls him unrepair. So everyone here is a negator apparently. But anyway, Undead then cuts off his arms and they shoot toward Unrepair. The girl with the pretty dress jumps in front of him and redirects them elsewhere. Unfortunately for her, she gets covered in blood and starts to freak out. She attempts to wipe blood on Unrepair. Unrepair's attention turns to Fuko.

"What about you cutie, you cut off his head without an ounce of hesitation. You're crazy in a good way," He says. Fuko just seemed flustered that she was called cute." boy next to you could never pull that off. He just freaks out so he will never be able to use his ability to its full potential. The ability is a winner, but the person it's attached to is a dud. So we must kill him. Hopefully, the next person with it won't be spineless."

"Why?" Chikara cries out.

"We only fill our team with the strong and once we have the numbers, we'll be taking over nations."

"You're insane!" I shout, " You want to just kill him because he's scared? He has the right to be afraid right now. You literally tried to kill him just a couple of minutes ago."

"I guess I am. You are the last unknown currently, you haven't done anything with your ability which makes me even more curious about what it could be. Why don't you just tell us all, if not, just means you have to die as well." He says with a smug look.

"Why would I tell you? If I do you will either choose to force me to join your gang or just kill me. Dying sounds better than working with you."

"Have it your way." He says in a mocking tone. He then throws a knife at us. Undead puts his arm in front of it in an attempt to stop it. Unfortunately, it went through his arm and grazed my cheek. Now it was heading straight for Chikara who was too scared to move. Fuko jumped in front of the knife and it stabbed her in her side.

"Good luck, she's probably only got about an hour left at best," Unrepair said.

Undead and I ran over to her. Undead looked pissed and started to pull out the thing that was lodged in his head. Fuko calmed him down and he took his hand off of his head. He held her in his arms as he thought of what to do.

Loud footsteps were approaching us and Unrepair was nowhere to be seen. Fuko was bleeding out and Chikara looked as if he was about to pass out. This is a disaster.