Time Off

(Photo not mine- From Pinterest.)
_________________________

My stomach growled as hunger set In. Looking around the kitchen to see what there was. Usually he cooks for me, but he was busy right now. I don't want to interrupt him, he'll get upset.

So I tried to ignore the hunger and find something to eat. That didn't last long.

Slowly making my way to his office, debating about the pros and cons of what I was about to do. Maybe It would be better to let him be for now. But I'm hungry...ugh.

Quietly opening the door, softly knocking.
He turned to look at me.

"What Is It, sweetie?" He asked concerned.

"I'm hungry." I said, playing with the door handle. "Could you make me some food, really quick?" I asked nicely.

He sighed and sat back In his chair "Yeah. I'm getting hungry too." He said then got up.

"Thank you. I love you." I said sweetly, stepping up on my tippy toes to give him a kiss.
We walked to the kitchen and he made us some food.
While he was cooking I asked, "Are you mad I interrupted you?" Rubbing his back with my hands.

"No. It's okay. I needed a break anyways. But If I need some time alone, I'll tell you." He said.

"Okay." I said, trying to be patient as I watched him cook. It smelled so good, I didn't want to wait anymore.

^^^

After we finished eating, I sat on the couch to find something to watch.
He sat down on the couch, rubbing his eyebrows and laying back.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"I'm just tired. And I'm starting to get a headache." He said.

"Is It because of work? Why don't you tell me. It would help you." I said, moving closer to him.

He looked at me, sighing. Placing his hand on my face, me leaning against It.

"No, baby. You shouldn't have to worry about It. It's my job, not yours." He said.

"But If It's bothering you, It would help to talk about It." I said.

"You don't need to know about It. But you can still help me. Right now I could use a back massage and some sweet kisses from you." He said tiredly.

"If that's what you want! I will make you feel ten times better!" I said happily.

"I know you will, jellybean." He said with a small smile.
He laid down on his stomach, while I massaged his back and shoulders. He always liked that, since I was so good at It.

^^^

After he was relaxed, It was back to work. So I stayed on the couch to watch tv. Wrapping a soft, fuzzy blanket around myself, finding a show to binge watch.
At some point I fell asleep. It was just so comfy.

A piece of my hair was moved and a kiss placed on my temple.
"Sleepy, jellybean?" He asked softly, leaning over me.

"Mm, hm." I mumbled back.

"Well I have to go to the station, but I should be back soon. You can do whatever you want, sleepy head." He said then kissed my temple again.

"I thought It was your day off." I asked sleepily.

"I know. It was supposed to be. But It shouldn't take to long." He said, sighing.

"Okay." I yawned, stretching then pulling the blanket  tighter around myself.

"Alright, jellybean. I'll be back soon." He said then headed out to his car, driving off.
Normally I would hate for him to leave, but It must have been important and I'll be asleep anyways.

^^^^^

His pov

The station called and I had to go do something, It shouldn't take to long. But I hate to leave jellybean.

She was asleep on the couch, wrapped In a fuzzy blanket and the tv playing In the background. She's so adorable, always Is. I explained that I had to leave and kissed her, then I went down to station so I could do what I needed and get back home.

"Detective." A man said, holding a folder filled with papers.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Here are all the files for Brittany Davis's case." He said, handing me the full folder. "It's looking like a cold case, so good luck with It. Goodnight detective." He said then walked away.

Yet another one, huh.

"Detective, come here." My Sargent called me over to his desk.

"Yes, sir?" I asked.

"We have been going over the files and think that the Brittany Davis case might be related to these other ones, Myra Locke, Abby Newton, and Iris Knott.
I'm trusting you with these. I believe you can figure them out. Good luck and goodnight." He said, handing me more case files.

"Thank you, sir. I'll try my best." I said, nodding politely, taking all the files. Now I would be working even harder. Four cases that might be related, and I'm trusted to figure them out? I'm going to be stressed for awhile. But that's part of the job.

Maybe jellybean will give me some luck.

^

Getting home late, yet again. Since It's supposed to be my day off, I'm not even going to open the case files until tomorrow. I'm to tired to even think. I just want to be with my jellybean right now.

I walked the house, took off my shoes, then looking around the room, but not seeing her. Where Is she? She wasn't asleep on the couch anymore, maybe In our room?

Walking towards our room, but stopping at my office first to put the files down. When I got to the room she wasn't there either, or the bathroom. Huh? Maybe the kitchen? Did I miss her somewhere?

After walking around the house, I still didn't find her. Fear and anxiety started to creep In, what If something happened to her?
While walking around the house freaking out, all of a sudden, something jumped on my back.

"Boo!"

"Ah! Jeez..." I said and sighed In relief. "Ah, jellybean. There you are. We're you hiding?" I said, with her my back, her arms and legs wrapped around me.

"Yep! I scared you!" She said happily, laughing.

"Yeah, you got me alright." I said as my heart rate slowed back down. "Oh, come here." I said, walking over to the couch, flipping down backwards so she was under me.

"Did you have fun hiding from me?" I asked, laying back onto her.

"Mm, hm. You didn't find me, I scared you!" He said happily.

"Good job, baby." I said, tilting my head back to look at her.

"I love you." She said, kissing my cheek.

"Mm, I love you too, so, so much." I said, grabbed her face and kissing her. When I looked at her again she was frowning.
"What's wrong?" I asked concerned.

"You didn't call me jellybean..." She said with a pout.

"Oh, my bad. I love you jellybean." I said smiling.
She got a huge smile on her face after that.

<><><><><>