When Remus had finished, he climbed in bed, too, lay there on his back a couple minutes, thinking about everything... Then he rolled over, touched Sirius's back and said, "I know I'm not the Man of Steel but --"

Sirius rolled over, grinning, and attacked Remus with a great deal of kisses.

Since the night Lily had love-magicked James, he hadn't had a single nightmare. He realized this when he woke up in the morning to the feeling of Roger making biscuits against his sternum, purring loudly for his breakfast. James stretched, every muscle in his body relaxed for once, and scratched the cat behind the ears as he stared at the window. Outside, the leaves were turning colors and there was a breeze ruffling the tree outside. He yawned and slid his arm across the mattress and squeezed Lily's fingers with his own. He nestled into the pillows, preparing for a lie-in.

Roger's purring redoubled persistently. 

"Okay Roger, hang on," James murmured and he reached over for his wand. Roger always ate breakfast in the morning, while James and Lily were getting ready for the day, on a plate, sitting in the bedroom window and looking out over the road below. Consequently, they kept said plate and the cans of cat food in a drawer in a little table by the window. With a flick of his wand, James summoned the plate and can of food over, popped the lid, unceremoniously dumped the can out onto the platter, and levitated it back to the window sill. Roger jumped down and raced it over, licking his chops as he leaped up and started scarfing at it before it had even landed fully. "You'd think we never fed you," James said.

Suddenly, Lily was sitting up, gagging.

"Evans?" James looked 'round at her, but she was already sitting up, hand over her mouth, and running from the room.

James looked at Roger, then got up, grabbing his glasses from the nightstand, and went after her.

Lily was in her bathroom, bent over the toilet by the time he reached her, retching, her face red. James hurried over and took her hair up in his hand, holding it back from her face so it didn't get all pukey and gross as she emptied her stomach into the bowl. Her whole body heaved as she clutched onto the porcelain, and James rubbed her back gently. "Deep breaths," he murmured.

When she'd finished she looked up miserably and reached for the flusher, her face spotty and tear stained. He helped her up to her feet and got her tooth brush and paste and mouth wash and all the things she would need, including a damp cloth, with which he gently wiped her face. She looked at him with appreciation and he smiled. "Alright, Evans?"

"Yeah, I'm alright. Gods, the smell of that food really turned my stomach," she frowned.

"It did smell rather nasty," James answered.

Lily turned to the sink and started brushing her teeth vigorously to get the taste of the throw-up from her mouth and James grabbed his own tooth brush, doing his mouth as well. He liked mornings when they brushed their teeth together. He didn't know what it was about it, but something about doing something so mundane and intimate together felt... good. It was one of his favorite little routines. He smiled at her round his tooth brush and she laughed and spat into the sink, rinsing as he finished up with his scrubbing. She started putting on make-up.

"First day of quidditch at Hogwarts," James murmured between spits into the sink. "Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw play tonight. You wanna come watch? I hear they have a sexy new referee."

"I wouldn't miss it," Lily answered.

James grinned and started rinsing as she was blending her foundation across her cheeks.