Die Bruderkrieg - Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

No more! This was it, he was finally free! He could leave! As he went to stand up and stretch. Another pile of papers...this time from Moskowein. He stared at the pure white paper. He stared at it for a good minute. "Are you okay, Speer?" Moskowein asked. But was met with devastated silence. It was 9:39 PM. Leaving to go back home would take 2 hours. And now he has to do another hour of work? Speer was not sure if he could take anymore, but he breathe in and... "Sure..." The pain in Speers voice was visible, Moskowien left the room, concerned. Speer grabbed his pen, and started reading. He read on. And Read on. This felt like a eternity, he wasn't going home tonight that was for sure. But this was utterly stressing and making him feel burned out. As the clock hit the mid of night, he signed off the last paper with his signature. He wasn't even gonna wait, it was midnight. He stood up, and tiredly began walking to the door. His life has already become hell even before he became Führer. He's gonna endure so much more. But as he walked, he thought to himself...This was the greater good? For the people? For the next generation of kids...it had to be. For the greater good. Blissful thoughts like these flood his mind, pulling him away from the tiredness for a second. Afterall...

Ignorance is bliss.

But as these thoughts raced across his mind. He bumped into something, someone actually. He was taken aback. He would be in the Reichstag in this hour? "Wh-" He turned to look at the person. It was a woman, one wearing a grey uniform, with a black belt around her waist. Speer noticed her as one of Reich's many many subjects. "What are you...?" Speer tried asking, confused and tired. The woman stared back at him. "I can ask you the same." She calmly responded. Speer sighed. "I had tremendous extra work today so...yeah." Speer said, his eyes just wanting to close. The woman stared. "Right, well, I'm just the Nightguard doing my job, I suggest you go home..." The woman said, leaning against the wall. Nightguard? Speer was not aware of any Nightguard, well to be fair he only worked during the day and evening usually so he wouldn't know. Although he was curious. "Huh...I noticed that you were one of the Subjects of the Führer, right...?" He couldn't bothered to try and remember her name. She nodded. "...Huh, cool, what's your name?" Speer asked. She just looked at him, in confusion but also weird sense of amusement. "The my Official Legal name is France, although I consider my name to be Vichy." Vichy responded. Speer stared at her for a moment. "France...? Wasn't that the United Kingdom's wife...?" He asked. "She still is, you know? Shes not dead... just hiding, still in the delusion that she can reclaim her throne." Vichy responded. "So wait...Two Frances?" Speer asked. Vichy nodded. "She's my older sister actually...Reich just had pity on me and promoted me as one of his subjects." Vichy responded. Speer was now curious more than anything, this was...fascinating. Reich always blabbered about how he hated France and her guts, and to think that she would promote her sister's to be one of his subjects? That was fascinating. "And you?" Vichy asked. "Oh...it's Speer." Speer replied. Vichy raised a brow. "Oh? Your the one supposed to be the Führer after Reich dies?" Vichy asked. Speer in a awkward way nodded.

"Cool." Vichy answered.

"Cool? That's all?" Speer was expecting more of a reaction. She nodded playfully, almost teasing him. "Yup, that's all, your nothing special boy..." She responded. "You realize I'm twice your fucking age..." Speer was older than all of the subjects. And he knew that he was no one to be teased. Yet he didn't do anything about it. "And?" Vichy asked. Speer just frowned. "Women...I swear to god always acting so sassy..." Vichy gasped. "How dare you! I'm personally offended!" She replied, although passive aggressively. Speer smirked. "Yeah not acting with that attitude anymore, huh?" He was gaining some entertainment from this conversation atleast. "If my older sister was here, she would've broken your neck by now." Vichy responded. "Hmph." Was all Speer responded with. Even with Vicky's slightly offended face, he knew they were both just playfully nagging at each other. This atleast made his night a little better. "Well...you should probably go home now, it's late. Plus, Reich would be mad if he saw us together." Vichy told Speer, gesturing him to go home. Speer rose a brow. "Why would Reich be mad?" Speer asked. Vichy, looked at him. Confused and perhaps a little annoyed at the question. "You don't know the Nuremburg laws do you? Your a German, Aryan, The first class citizens. I'm a different race, lower than you, second class. Quite frankly, we're not supposed to talk to each other. Your my superior, and i'm inferior." Vichy sternly responded. Her older sister may have not been indoctrinated by Reich, but Reich definitely managed to brainwasher her younger sister Vichy. Speer did not expect that answer... "Right, Nuremburg...hey atleast your not a third class." Speer tried to crack a joke, but all he got was a annoyed stare. "...Sorry." Speer left after saying that.

He left the Reichstag, Pondering about his interaction earlier. What the hell was this dumb stupid law? You can't talk to another person just because they're a different race? He can get behind why you cant talk to jews...
Well maybe he didn't, why were Jews witchhunted and Ostracized from the rest of society? Aryans can live how they want, other races have to obey the Aryans, and Jews have to suffer. Speer wondered for a while, looking down at the road. This all seemed so...silly to him. These laws made no sense to him. Perhaps he himself would have to change them. But he knew the others would never like that. He was alone in this.

-
Around 2023 words, that's a lot. But hey! If you enjoyed this! I'm gonna write more. I had a blast writing this and i will continue. In the meantime have the designs for: Speer, Bormann, Göring, Heydrich

 In the meantime have the designs for: Speer, Bormann, Göring, Heydrich