[ 15 ]

"To love at all is to be vulnerable." —C.S. Lewis 

Even though it was a quiet morning in the Paramaanatra house, you could feel the tension the moment you stepped foot inside. Rosa was utterly disappointed in her mother. How could she do such a thing, not once but twice. She began to think that she was next, no—she was certain her mother would do anything in her power to separate her from Ren. 

Roselyn had left for Singapore early in the morning, leaving both of her children alone with their thoughts. There was no date for her return, but they knew that she would be back when they least expected it. 

Rosa walked down the stairs, sighing as she did so. The whole school would be gossiping about Thyme's engagement. She worried about Gorya, however, she felt comfort knowing that she was a strong person.  

Thyme stood by the door looking lost in his thoughts. 

Rosa cleared her throat. "Don't tell me you're waiting for me? Take me to school." 

"No, take yourself to school," Thyme rolled his eyes. "No—ouch! I thought your boyfriend would be taking you to school from now on." 

The pair walked to Thyme's car. 

"Thyme, why do you have to say it like that. Say his name, he's literally your best friend," Rosa said as flicked the side of his head. "And can't I want to go to school with my brother?" 

"You don't have to worry for me Rosa. I'm going to figure this out." Thyme said. 

Rosa nodded. "I'll help." 

"No, you won't. I won't let you be Ma's next target." 

Rosa laughed. "She's already on to me. Might as well give her an even bigger headache." 

"That's just stupid, Rosa. I won't let you." Thyme lectured. "You don't have to pretend to be so strong, okay? We've got each other."

Rosa let his words sink in, as she thought about all of the possible outcomes her mother would conspire up. It was difficult to try to predict what her next move was, but Rosa knew better. Her mother valued timing and so she began to wonder what would set everything into motion. 

⋆ ⋆ ✦ ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ✦ ⋆ ⋆

It was the next day, and Rosa was in her room finishing up some school assignments. She had been given the news that she would be able to graduate a year early, alongside her brother and the rest of F4. The credits that she had earned in Singapore has successfully transferred to Kocher High School, and because Rosa was such an over achiever, she had more credits than she needed. There was no need for her to do another year of high school.