Chapter six.

Me after I realised that I was referring to Rui as three things (Royal Alchemist, sorcerer, alchemist) and confusing myself because I thought that he was three different people

HELP SO BASICALLY I RUSHED THIS WHOLE SHITTY FANFIC BECAUSE I GOT TOO EXCITED WHILE WRITING THIS SO UHM. I WILL DO ANOTHER VERSION OF THIS (I have like 5 versions of this au btw) FANFIC SOON MAYBE AFTER I FINISH THIS ONE IDK.

By the way I may post a short kanamafu angst fic soon because I need to get my motivation back
___________________________________________

Some days later, after the battle.

Rui was sitting in the garden, looking at the flowers with Luka and Kaito sitting next to him and talking. All their lovey-dovey stuff wasn't interesting to him. Rui was way too confused with his own feelings - One day, he was absolutely rude to Tsukasa, and the next day, he felt guilty for being rude.

His thoughts were racing, so many things going through his mind-

"Rui, aren't you going to go inside the forest? You said you wanted to get some ingredients." Kaito said with a chuckle as he caressed Luka's hair gently.

Rui sighed. "Old people are weird when they act all lovey-dovey. But I can't blame them. I should at least let them be happy." He shrugged. "Yeah, I'll be heading there soon. I need a walk to refresh my brain or something." Rui said and smiled, standing up.

He walked deeper into the forest, eventually stopping by a rock. Rui sat on it, looking around - Now, it was time for him to think about everything once more.

Everything.. Was happening quickly. Lately, he found his own enemy looking oddly likeable to him. Tsukasa seemed more relaxed, friendlier.. But why? He didn't know.

But one thing he knew, was that he just heard Tsukasa's voice. Of all times, why must he be here now?

Rui panicked, looking around before he tried to hide behind a tree - A horrible hiding spot, to be honest.

His 'enemy' walked past him, until Rui heard the familiar sound of Tsukasa taking his sword out of it's case.

"..Kamishiro, what are you doing?" The knight asked, sounding quite confused.

Rui felt like an idiot, the embarrassment clear on his face. It was almost as if he lost all his braincells while being around the knight.

He stepped out of his hiding spot (if we can even call that a hiding spot) and smiled nervously.

"Ah, fancy seeing you here, Tenma! I hope you're not-" Rui suddenly got cut off, feeling his own back hit the tree lightly as a sharp blade was pointed right at his throat. His nervous smile widened as he chuckled shakily. Rui didn't want to kill the knight this time.. He had finally decided. He should befriend the knight somehow. And stop thinking all of that nonsense like "being in love" with him. "..Trying to kill me.." Rui finished his previous sentence, meeting the shorter Knight's gaze.

Those orange eyes.. Something in them made Rui feel all warm and fuzzy inside. They shined like the night sky, piercing Rui's soul and reaching all of his softest spots, making his heart melt.

Okay, that definitely wasn't something he experienced everyday.

"You're being too nice." Tsukasa simply replied, narrowing his eyes. When he saw that Rui wasn't fighting back, he reluctantly let go of him, still staying on guard just in case. "Actually.." Rui started, but he could only stutter. Just like before - He completely forgot what he wanted to do. Did he want to befriend Tsukasa? No, he wanted to get information, no.. He wanted to.. No, he couldn't think of anything.

Rui felt even more confused.

"..Are you gonna answer me, Kamishiro?" Tsukasa asked. Rui finally snapped out of it and quickly nodded, feeling the heat creep up his cheeks. "Fufu.. Y- Yes, Tenma, let us have a quick talk. I, the royal alchemist, want to.. Um.. Haha, to.. Befriend you." He said. Rui's eyes widened - He never thought that these words would ever escape his mouth.

Tsukasa's eyes also widened in confusion, before narrowing once more. "Are you drunk?" He asked.

Rui chuckled, looking away. "Definitely not. I just.. We should stop being rivals!" He said and smiled awkwardly. Everything was happening too fast.. He was so confused.

Yet, at the same time..

I'M ALSO CONFUSED BRUH WHY DID I START THIS SO QUICKLY RAAAH KILL ME should I make this fanfic shorter but write the correct version of this au in my next one?