Chapter four.

Rui quickly ran back into the forest, making an X with his hands, signaling the knights to walk back to the kingdom.

This wasn't good. Someone saw them.

He heard footsteps getting closer and closer, and got even more anxious.

They had a perfect opportunity to strike at night! Why did this knight have to always ruin the fun? Rui cast a spell, making the knights completely invisible for a short amount of time, just wanting them to escape. He knew that it was a waste of mana, but he also knew that the army wouldn't be able to hide in the forest. And if he was alone, it could be much easier to just hide behind a tree or something.

"Hello? Is somebody here?" Tsukasa's voice echoed through the forest, making Rui roll his eyes. That damn knight..

Rui sighed and then, a mischievous smirk played across his lips, an idea popped in his head.

Rui let his hair down and quickly looked around for a flower he could possibly use as a temporary hair dye - Once he found it, Rui quickly put the dye on the cyan streaks in his hair, hiding them. He then took off his monocle and covered his earrings with his hair, before adding some final touches like styling his hair and taking off some layers of the clothes he had, staying only in something that looked at least similar to a dress.

Dressing up as a woman, he thought it was a genius idea. Tsukasa would surely fall for that, right?

"Hel- Oh, hello miss. What are you doing here?" Tsukasa asked with a warm smile as he started walking towards Rui. The alchemist panicked slightly - Tsukasa would definitely recognise his voice! It wasn't feminine at all!

"U- Uh, sir, I got lost. Could you please lead me back to the castle? I'm a new maid and uh.. I uh.. The princess ordered me to come here and get some mushrooms, but I got lost.." Rui replied, trying to make a girly voice and improvise. But it seemed like Tsukasa wasn't suspecting a thing!

Tsukasa sighed. "Ah, I see. Don't worry, miss, I will guide you back to the castle." He replied with a soft smile, until he dropped the act and took his sword out. "Alright, enough now, Kamishiro. Why the hell are you here? I thought the Royal Alchemist would be more creative and not dress like a woman to fool me." He added.

Rui scoffed. How many times does he have to repeat himself?! That guy is no fun! He sighed and crossed his arms. "What, you're gonna kill me now?" He taunted as Tsukasa just sighed. "I'm too exhausted to kill you today. Just go." The knight said.

"Oh? What kind of a knight are you, letting an enemy roam freely? What if I don't listen to you?" He taunted once more, a smirk playing across the Alchemist's lips again. "I don't want to spill more blood then I should. Even if we're enemies, it doesn't mean that I can't spare you and not hurt you every time we see each other." Tsukasa replied politely.

That knight.. He was as always so determined, and it was odd seeing him so exhausted. Well.. Rui didn't complain. He just scoffed and turned his back to Tsukasa, waving his hand dismissively.

"Yeah, yeah, spare me my ass. You're probably gonna try to kill me unexpectedly." Rui hissed and started walking towards his kingdom. He got no response. And when he turned around, Tsukasa was also walking back home.

Rui's eyes widened in slight surprise. Okay, that definitely wasn't anything he expected. Their meeting was rather.. Peaceful. And.. Kinda nice. It wasn't like the usual battles, this time, Tsukasa seemed like a normal human, not some kind of a mindless puppet controlled by the knight commander. The alchemist sighed, fighting the urge to just grin like an idiot.

Maybe he really liked the knight more than he wanted to.. No. He couldn't let himself get distracted.

"Stay focused, Kamishiro Rui. Your father didn't raise you like this. You can't think about the enemy in such a nice way!" Rui thought to himself and sighed. As much as he hated the Light Kingdom... His interest in that knight was growing. Damnit, he needed to snap out of it. That stupid guy didn't deserve any love nor kindness! And even if he did, Rui definitely wouldn't be the one who gave it to him!

Here's a little something in third person but Tsukasa pov idk

"Huh, that guy really is weird sometimes." Tsukasa mumbled to himself, heading back home as he occasionally took a glance behind himself.

"That's the amazing Royal Alchemist of the Dark Kingdom that everyone admires, the one who's so intelligent? Well, it doesn't seem like it." He said and looked at the silhouette of Rui slowly vanishing within each step. "..Well, I guess he's not that bad. I mean, it could've been worse. Kamishiro had the opportunity to kill me, yet he didn't. That's something new."

___________________________________________

I AM CRINGING AT MY OWN FANFIC, ESPECIALLY SINCE IT'S FROM LIKE. A YEAR AGO OR MAYBE FROM LESS TIME IDK BUT DO Y'ALL KNOW HOW MANY MISTAKES I HAD TO CORRECT AND ENDED UP REWRITIMG THE WHOLE FIEST CHAPTER?

This chapter was also made quite.. Lazily since I have to be honest, I didn't have any ideas for what might happen, so forgive me please

 Lazily since I have to be honest, I didn't have any ideas for what might happen, so forgive me please