Four

"I'm surprised she knows who I am." I said. "Blitz and Nathan always made sure she knew who you were. Anytime she'd see an old picture of you, she just automatically knew you were mommy." Nathan's wife said. I glanced at Nathan. Stella placed her sippy cup in my hand and smiled at me. Nathan's wife, Kailey, took the cup from me slowly and stood. "Okay, come on, Stel, it's nap time." she said. "Stel?" I asked. I looked at Nathan. "Ellie?" I said. "Well-" Nathan started, being cut off by Kailey. "I thought Ellie was a bit too close to Allie, so I gave her a new nickname." she said. I nodded. "Right." I said, standing.

"Take care of her." I said.

"Wait, you- you're leaving? Will you- will you still be around? You know, see Stella more?" Nathan asked. "I'm not sure yet, Nate. Things aren't looking too good..." I said. "Allie, where have you been? We thought you died, then three years later you show up on my doorstep, you look so different. You don't look like you,  what is going on?" he asked. "I'm an angel, Nate. But I have to fight against my own people now; and I don't know if that's going to result in me ending up back down here, dying for good, or still being trapped in heaven. Just promise me you'll take good care of my daughter." I said. "I love you, Allie." he said. I nodded. "You love her too, though. Right?" I asked. He said nothing. "Do me a favor, and love Ellie more than you love me, or Kailey." I said. Silence echoed through the house. He said nothing, I said nothing, and I left.

~~~

"Back." I said, entering the lobby of the hotel. "Where ya been?" Angel asked. "Visiting some old friends." I said. "You see the mystery man?" he asked. I glanced at my dad. "Yeah, I did." I said. "He's married now." I added. "He uh... has a daughter. Stella." I finished. "Oh, shit. How old's the kid?" Angel asked. "Uh, three." I replied. "Hm, he moved on fast after you disappeared." Angel said. My father hummed. I looked up at him.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked. "We have the cannibal colony fighting with us. Everyone here as well." Charlie said. "You remember Cherri?" Angel asked. "Cherri Bomb? How could I forget that crazy bitch?" I asked. Angel chuckled. "She'll be with us." he said. "Will Lucifer fight with us?" I asked. "I- I'm not sure yet." Charlie said. I nodded.

"I talked to some old friends. Down at I.M.P, second ring of pride." I said. "Good to know you still know your way around hell." Husk said. "I asked them to fight with us." I said. Charlie nodded. "That's great!" she exclaimed. "We can't stick together though. It's not exactly smart. If all of us are focusing on one group of angels, that gives another group leverage to sneak up." Vaggie said.

"I'll stick with Charlie." she said. I nodded. "I can stay up on the balcony! Me and my minions have been working on a new machine, we can operate it from up there." Sir Pentious said. "I'll stick with Husk." Angel said. "Ah, I can handle myself." Husk said. Angel shrugged. "Or Cherri. Or both." Angel added. "Alternate. Three is a crowd." Vaggie said. Angel nodded. "Alright, I'll stick with da- Alastor." I said. My father hummed again. "Not quite a bright idea, darling. I'll be going after the head man himself, not smart for you to be fighting against the same angel that killed you, hm?" he said. I looked at Angel. "Yeah... you're probably right, dad." I said. "It's alright, Al, just stick with Nifty. She's tiny, she could use someone with her." Angel said. I nodded.

"I'll stick with Nifty." Cherri said, entering the hotel. I turned. "Holy shit, is that Allie?" Cherri said, slapping me on the back. I laughed. "Cher, good to see you, crazy." I said. "Where've ya been, troublemaker? You kinda disappeared on us one day, thought you were dead." she said. I nodded. "Kinda was, long story though." I said. She nodded. "It's alright, I will stick with the imps, if they show up..." I said. "If?" Charlie asked. "Long story." I added. My father cleared his throat.

"Allison, a word now?" he asked. "Uh, I actually have to get back." I said. "I'll make it quick." he replied. "They're probably already looking for me." I said. "What's another five minutes? Follow me." he said, walking away. I sighed before following him.

"Now then, it's very nice to see you, my dear." he said. I hummed. "Well, princess, I think it would be in your best interest not to fight with us." he said. I looked at him. "What? Why?" I asked. "You've never quite been one for agility, darling." he said. "So... you don't think I'll survive?" I asked. "Haha, not without me behind you, that's for sure!" he said. I shook my head. "Yet I was still able to take care of myself for all those years you were barely around." I said. He stared at me, his giant smiled twitched. He chuckled.

"Smile, darling. We mustn't dwell on the past now." he said. I looked up at him and offered a sarcastic smile. "Better." he said. I turned. "Have you seen your mother since you've been down here?" he asked. "How long ago did I see her before I went up there?" I asked. He hummed.

"You must really miss it down here, hm?" he asked. I nodded. "Yes, I do. It makes me feel so... shitty, that I'd rather be in hell than in heaven. Maybe I really am evil? I don't know." I said. He chuckled. "I can help you to stay down here." he said. I turned to him. "Lets make a deal?" he said, extending his hand. I walked closer to him. "I help you unclip your wings, and you... I get my daughter back." his smile was somehow wider than before. I raised my hand up slowly.

"Such a little price to pay for such a big reward." he said. I looked up into his red eyes. "You want my soul." I said. His smile shrunk back to the size it was initially. "The only way you could possibly unclip my wings is... if I give you my soul." I said. His hand didn't even twitch. I could feel his eyes burning into me. I smacked his hand away. "Your own daughter." I said before walking away. "I can protect you." he said. I turned to him. "I'm not a kid anymore. The kid was who needed protected by you." I said. He followed me down stairs closely.

"Well then. Once we have enough angels attacking the hotel, I suppose I can put up a force field." said my father. "Great idea." Charlie said. "I gotta go." I said. "Will you be back before the extermination?" Charlie asked. "I'm not sure. I'll try though." I said.

Returning to heaven

"Hey there, skank." I jumped. "Where the hell have you been?" Adam asked. I sighed. "I was out on a walk." I said. Adam chuckled. "Right. Sera wants to speak with you." he said. I nodded and turned. "Allie." he said. I turned back to him. "I hope you don't plan on telling anyone you were born in hell." he said. I said nothing. "Vaggie might've only fallen, but if you betray us, I'll fucking kill you." he said. I nodded before leaving the room.

"You wanted to speak with me, Sera?" I asked, entering her office. "Yes, Allie. I know you said you no longer want to be a part of the exorcists, but Adam said he needs you. He seems to be very fond of you, actually. He doesn't want you to leave the exorcists." she said. "Adam said that?" I asked. She nodded. "If you really don't want to do it anymore, your best bet is to talk to Adam himself." she said. I smiled at her. "That's alright, Sera, I think I just had a little moment. I'm fine with remaining an exorcist." I said. She smiled at me. "Alright then." she said. I waved before quickly exiting her office.

"Adam!" I exclaimed, approaching him. "We both know you don't like me, what's the catch, asshole? Why do you want me as an exorcist so bad?" I asked. Adam chuckled. "So you can watch us kill all of your little friends down there." he said. I shook my head. "You're so fucked up." I said, walking away. "You're just jealous!" he exclaimed as I grew farther from him.

He'll get what's coming to him. I know it. He might be powerful, but I know my father can be more powerful. With or without me.