Chapter 16: Rescued

I ran towards her, beginning to grab at the ropes. I could see she was missing her right arm as well as both of her legs.

Good, so Neon hasn't finished her off yet. She could have, but she didn't.

"Geez, you look awful." I said, taking the gag out of her mouth, but it seemed loose. Maybe that's why I was able to hear her.

"That sister of yours did this to me." Shelby responded as I took the ropes, getting them off her and throwing them to the floor. I sat her on the floor. I watched as a flame erupted around my hand, and then I lowered it to the ropes. A flamethrower flew from my hand and engulfed the ropes until there was nothing left.

 I then lifted Shelby up into my arms. I could care less about the blood she was getting on my clothes. I could take care of that later.

"I thought so. I'll take you home." I said, looking at her. Despite the dark sky, I could just barely see the moonlight illuminating the redness on her face.

"Y-You're carrying me?"

"Someone has to. You can't walk anymore, nor can I just leave you here. Don't make a big deal out of it." I said.

"I....I thought you didn't like me?" Shelby asked softly, resting her head on my chest.

"I'm surprised she doesn't feel the boobs, but then again I've never been big chested."

"I don't, but I'm not leaving you here to die."

"You would do that for me?" Shelby asked.

"....Somethin' like that." I muttered. Shelby rested her hand on my cheek, turning my head to face hers, and then placed the other one on my face.

"Kira, I could kiss you for this!" She says in probably the happiest tone I've ever heard her use. I jerked my head from her hands.

"Don't. I'm straight." I said.

"Me too." She said.

".......Okay." I muttered, unsure on how to tell her she liked both a girl AND a guy. But again, she views me as a boy and has no idea about my true sex. Since I'm a dude in her mind, I guess it's not gay.

Again, in her mind.

Not much was said after that. I finally reached her house.

"What time was it when you came to rescue me, Kira?"

"Around 10 PM."

"My Mom is usually asleep by now." Shelby said. Taking a deep breath, I stepped into her house as quietly as I could, trying my best not to wake her mother.

Shelby directed me to her room. Soon there I was, in a room filled to the brim with pinks and whites. To the left of me was a dark pink dresser with a white stuffed bear sitting on it, as well as a closet with a brown door. I gently set her down on her bed, which was one of those canopy beds.

Also pink.

Can't say I'm that surprised knowing Shelby.

"Do you want me to do something about your wounds?" I whispered.

"No thank you. They're dried up by now, but can you get me one of my stuffed animals? The white one on my dresser behind you."

I took off the bear on the dresser from behind me, pointing to it to make sure it was the one she wanted. She nodded, so I handed it to her.

"This is Princess Fluffy. I've had her since I was 7." Shelby said, holding the bear close to her face.

"Shelby, why do you hate Neon so much, and Kori too?" I asked, sitting on the edge of her bed. I watched as the look on her face darkened.