Chapter 36: Strange New World

Looking at our surroundings, it was obvious we were no longer on planet earth. There was a shining city several miles ahead of us. We were surrounded by what appeared to be a forest, and a river flowing with a water fall.

But looking at the blue skies, I could see a couple of planets that were visible enough to be identified as such, and one of them looked like the planet Saturn, with its ring surrounding it.

It was an amazing sight but it was also scary because I had no idea where this breach brought us to.

"Are you okay?" Clark asked, looking at my wound, which was glowing red.

It was stinging but it wasn't the sting that was worrying me. It was the red glow on my wound. I was starting to wonder what implications this would have on me.

"I'm fine but what's this?"

"I don't know. It's not something I've ever seen before. Do you feel ill?"

"No, but what if this thing is draining my powers? It was obvious his weapons, whatever that red glow was, was disempowering me."

"But Dawoud was not disempowered."

"Dawoud probably came prepared. But something tells me that those weapons were acting as some kind of power dampener."

"Like Meta dampeners?"

"Yes, but for Kryptonians. Whoever he was, knew who we are and what we are. Where the hell are we?"

"I don't know. It's very similar to earth but it's definitely not earth" said Clark.

"Yes, but this is really odd. Maybe we should get out of here and see if we can find help" I suggested and we both ran as fast as we could.

We walked through the forest for about half a mile before we stepped into an area that was civilized.

It looked like a Flea Market or Swap Meet, where people built their own stations and had several goods for sale.

It was quite obvious we stood out, as most of the women wore long dresses that appeared like gowns or robes. Most were in several colors while the men wore lose shirts that appeared to be similar to dress shirts but were cut till just above the chest, with a semi V line, and wore khaki like pants, ranging from white, to beige, to dark blue, and black.

They even wore slip on shoes, similar to the Espadrilles from H&M.

"What is this place?" I asked.

"I don't know but there's something oddly familiar about it" said Clark, who seemed to want to recognize it but simply couldn't.

"Stay here" said Clark and went to one of the tents and asked for a couple of robes that would help us blend in.

I hid behind one of the trees, hoping he did not get captured. Moments later, he came with two navy blue robes with hoods, similar to the one the intruder had when he attacked us.