Chapter 9: Rage

At the Torch, I was working on another story while Rüya further investigated this Derek Reynolds situation.

I had opted out of that story and left it to her to deal with it because working with her was super awkward. She was a good reporter and knew her stuff so I was confident, she would be okay with this story on her own.

I finally finished writing my story and proofread it a few times to be sure it was pristine and without errors.

I finally sent it to Rüya since she was the editor-in-chief, for further editing. I had one more story to write but my mind was overloaded with too much information and now that it turned out I was a Meta-Human-slash-Kryptonian hybrid with powers yet to be manifested, my mind was orbiting on that and could not lend myself to focus on something else.

My brother had been there for me and I acted like a dumbass but I could not help it. I first found out I was of partial Kryptonian heritage via our father, who happened to be his biological father's younger half-brother, and now I find out I am a Meta-Human with undeveloped powers.

It was scary to think I would gain powers but what sort of powers would I gain? I did not even want to think of what.

As I stepped out of the office, I saw Derek Reynolds with his buddies. He looked at me like the bully that he was and started walking toward me.

"Hey, loser...I hear your girl has been trying to dig up dirt on me?!"

"Is there any dirt to dig up?" I decided to get even.

"Listen! Tell your girl to drop it or..."

"Or what?!" I got aggressive. "Come on, if you think you have balls of steel then say it like a man, and don't hold back like a fucking coward!"

He pushed me hard against the locker and I immediately retaliated by punching him so hard, he fell hard on the floor. He tried to grab me by getting up as quickly as he fell but I dodged his blow and shoved him hard against the locker, his face taking the hit.

Once more, he tried to punch me but I landed multiple brutal punches.

Laurel and Oliver showed up and Derek shrunk down like the coward he was. He knew I was a deadly combination when it came to my fighting skills but with them two in the mix, he did not attempt anything because he knew we were a dangerous combo.

"You're going to pay for this!"

"If you have the balls, come at me! I'm not your bitch and I'm also not the little kid you used to bully because you were bigger and I was smaller!" I looked at him like the loser he was, despite his popularity as the school's jock. "Come at me one more time, get near Rüya or my friends, you're going to regret it and if you think this is bad, you have no idea how much worse I will bring this by your doorstep!"

"Omar!" Principal Vidal showed up, looking at me angrily, realizing I had just gotten into a fight.

Something he did not approve of but he had no idea that bullies did not respond to words.

***

"What's gotten into you?" Clark demanded as I walked into the house.

"I'm going to my room!"

"No, we're going to talk, now!" he was angry.

"I got into a fight. It's high school and Derek Reynolds is an ass! A privileged ass who thinks he can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants!"