02. Grounders

Mulai dari awal

Before they could walk away I said

"I'm coming, too."

"No, your not. Your too young." Clarke said.

"Fourteen, too young for you?"

I said as I walked in front of them as they followed. Octavia looked at Bellamy as if asking for approval.

"Go on."

She kissed his cheek and walked away with the rest of us. Except Clarke who was behind saying one last thing to Wells. I couldn't hear since I was far ahead. Clarke and Octavia are now behind us.

                         ----- ☾⋆。𖦹 °✩ -----

As we were walking to Mount Weather Finn put a flower in Octavia's hair. I could hear Jasper and Monty talking behind me saying

"Now, that, my friend, is game." Jasper said referring to Finn and Octavia.

"That, my friend, is poison sumac." Monty corrected

"What? It is?" Octavia said as she pulled it out of her hair.

Not even our first day on Earth and she wasn't even being careful.

"The flowers aren't poisonous. They're medicinal, calming, actually." Monty corrected himself again.

"His family grows all the pharmaceuticals on The Ark." Jasper tried to give more information.

"Should we care?" I asked, annoyed.

When Jasper was going to say something Clarke interrupted him saying

"Hey, guys, would you try to keep up?"

"Come on, Clarke. How do you block all this out?" Finn asked

"Well, it's simple. I wonder, 'why haven't we seen any animals?' Maybe it's because there are none. Maybe we've already been exposed to enough radiation to kill us. Sure is pretty, though. Come on."

Clarke walked further as I rolled my eyes and Octavia said something.

"Someone should slip her some poison sumac."

'y'know Octavia really is something else.' I thought as Jasper snorted at her comment

"I got to know what you two did to get busted."

Finn said as we all walked further.

"Sumac is not the only herb in the garden, if you know what I mean." Monty said.

"Someone forget to replace what we took." Jasper replied.

"Someone has apologized, like, a thousand times."

Since I was walking a little faster than them I had to walk slower as Finn was saying something to me.

"Hey kid, what'd you do?" Finn asked me.

I didn't really know how to respond to that. What was I suppose to say? 'Oh, I murdered my dad when I was only twelve.' No. I'd sound like a total psycho. I just didn't respond and walked faster and away from them, closer to Clarke.

I saw Clarke kneeling down and watching something, an animal. She motioned for me and the others to be quiet and pointed at the deer. Finn looked at Clarke and said

"No animals, huh?"

He tried to get closer to the deer but when he was trying too he snapped on a twig and the door looked at us. The deer didn't look normal. It had two heads. Everyone was startled, including me.