˗ˏˋCHAPTER 3'ˎ˗

One week on, my heart raced as I gazed upon the visage of Kayla Sanders, the murdered girl, splashed across the front page of the newspaper. Her once youthful countenance was now contorted by death, her eyes empty, her lips forever muted.

I couldn't believe it, there were witnesses, yet no one did anything to stop him. Those people were probably too afraid to intervene. And did no one get a good look at his face?

The victim was someone I knew, having frequented the restaurant she worked at. Despite her arrogant demeanor, no one deserved to meet their end in such a brutal way. Right?

My hands trembled as I fumbled for my mobile phone, desperate to uncover the truth about Kayla Walters. My fingers frantically typed her name into Google and a flood of online newspapers and videos appear, but they're not enough. I had to know more. I digged deeper, searching for any possible leaks or information on the witnesses - anything that would lead me to more answers.

Furthermore, I scrolled through a crime site and saw Cindy and Dale's names listed as witnesses. My heart skipped a beat - they were my neighbors, a couple who lived just four houses down from mine. They had heard Kayla's screams while passing by. I quickly put my phone in my bag and made up my mind to go talk to them. Time was of essence, and their testimony could be crucial in solving this case.

My feet pounded against the pavement as I raced towards their house. My breaths came in short gasps. I just had to know if they were home. My curiosity was overwhelming, and I could barely contain it as I got closer to their house.

As you enter the Ravenwood community, the lush greenery and rolling hills immediately transport you to a serene and idyllic setting. The charming tree-lined streets are lined with stately homes that exude timeless elegance and architectural charm.

Each home in Ravenwood is unique, reflecting the diverse tastes and preferences of its occupants. From classic colonial and Victorian styles to modern contemporary designs, each house is meticulously crafted to perfection. The front yards are spacious and well-manicured gardens add to the overall curb appeal of the neighborhood.