Vol 1-Ch 2-The Fortune

Start from the beginning

Also, except for special cases, such as studying abroad, students were forbidden to contact anyone outside the school. Even contact with your immediate family was forbidden without authorization. Naturally, leaving school grounds without permission was also strictly forbidden. However, the campus also came equipped with many excellent facilities. With its own artificial beach, amusement park, botanical garden, mall, karaoke spot, theater, café, boutique, and more, you could easily compare this school to a small city.

This school boasted another unique feature: the S System.

"I will now hand out your student ID cards. By using your card, you can access any of the facilities on campus, purchase goods from the store, and so on. It acts like a credit card. However, it is imperative that you pay attention to the points that you spend. At this school, you can use your points to buy anything. Anything located on the school premises is available for purchase. "

Our points, loaded onto our student ID cards, acted as a kind of currency. The lack of paper money would prevent many students' financial troubles. However, students needed to keep a watchful eye on their spending habits. At any rate, the school provided these points free of charge.

"Your student cards can be used simply by swiping them through the machine scanner. The method is simple, so you shouldn't get confused. Points are automatically deposited into your account on the first of every month. You should all have received 100,000 points already. Keep in mind that one point is worth one yen. No further explanation should be necessary." The classroom erupted. In other words, we had received a 100,000-yen monthly allowance from the school upon admission. I'd expect nothing less from a massive institution run by the Japanese government. 100,000 yen is a rather large sum of money for a high schooler.

In the fiscal year 2023, the budget of the Japanese national government's general account for education and science expenditures was set at around 5.42 trillion Japanese yen. The government spending 576 million yen per year just to give allowance to the students of a single school doesn't come as suspicious at all.

"Shocked by the amount of points you've been given? This school evaluates its student's talents. Everyone here has passed the entrance examination, which itself speaks to your value and potential. The amount you've received reflects the evaluation of your worth. You can use your points without restraint. After graduation, however, all of your points return to the school. Because it's impossible to exchange your points for cash, there's no advantage to saving them. Once points have been deposited into your account, it's up to you how to spend them. Do as you like. In the event that you don't want to spend your points, you may transfer them to someone else. However, extorting money from your peers is not allowed. This school monitors bullying very carefully."

As bewilderment spread among the students, Chiyabashira-sensei looked over the room.

At this I raised my hand. Sae sensei looked at me with excitement in her eyes as she thought I would ask her about how many points we will get next month but, I asked-

"Sensei, you said we can buy anything inside the school premise. Yes? "

Her excitement increased. She nodded.

"So, can we buy a whole shop?"

At this many of my classmates looked at me as if I was an idiot. A blonde girl with long hair looked at me as if I was one of her people. As they thought I was talking about buying everything in a shop.

"Don't misunderstand me, l am talking about buying the ownership or a share of the shop. "
"Why would you like to buy the ownership of a shop?" Sensei asked.

"Well for Investment purposes, if I buy a shop, l will have a steady flow of points till I graduate." I said. Hearing this the blonde boy stopped admiring himself and looked at me.

"And why would want more points, after all you already have 100,000 points." she said, clearly trying to coax the real reason out of me.

"Well, you can never have enough points.". I said, as I shot down her hopes.
"But you didn't answer my question, can we? "
"It depends on the current owner, if he or she accepts your deal, then nobody is stopping you." she answered. All her excitement gone.

I didn't bother asking any other question, as I got what I wanted.

That will do
Even though this was a rules explaining chapter, there are many new things that I added, can you guys spot it.
As for people who are asking why didn't he just tell the class about the s system.
Remember, he does everything for a reason.
Let me know what do you think about the changes and this chapter. Next chapter would be the introduction.
The first volume may feel slow but trust me it is all set up towards something good.
And once we reach the exams that's where it will get good, l have thought of many ideas for the special exams and even thinking about adding some new special exams. Looking forward for it.
The conversation between characters may feel awkward or forced, l apologize for that, as I am not good in conversation. You would have to give me a little pass there.
Anyways
That will be all for today.
As usual have a wonderful day.