They are what?!

CHAPTER THREE

Marlowe

"They are what?" I snarled.
My right-hand man stepped forward. "Epsilon werewolves, Alpha. And they've gone rogue!"
I stepped away from the table and walked around the open field. Epsilon wolves were often made for war which meant that they were naturally violent. I couldn't let those sorts of wolves run free around my valley. To get more resources and to form an ally, I'd agreed to marry the daughter of the Ambrose Household. If my calculations were correct, Lady Cara Ambrose should be at my home.

But back to the matter at hand. I turned back to Cedric and shook my head. He looked behind my shoulders at a group of werewolves setting up camp tents.
"There are rumors," Cedric said to me.
I walked up to him and glared at him. "What rumors?"
"That…you made the orders to turn those werewolves into Epsilons. People are talking. They say you turned them to be your hunting machines!"
"Show me all those talking, Cedric. I won't hesitate to snap their tongues out, trust me!"
"I know you can," he said with a low chuckle that bubbled from deep inside him. It sounded like a growl.

I stomped my foot on the grass and raked a hand through my hair. This was getting difficult to control. Rumors like these were always hard to find the source and what would I do to them anyway? My job as the Alpha of this pack was to control the wolves underneath me but it was getting incredibly difficult, especially with rogue Epsilons on the run.
"Get me, Omar!" I said and moved away from him.
I walked back into the tent and brought out the map of the Valley.

Ten minutes later, Omar walked in along with Cedric. I trusted these two but I'd since learned that trusting people too much always led to a disaster. As a Zeta Wolf, Omar was seriously good at strategizing which was why he was usually who I called for serious businesses like this.

"Heard about the rogue Epsilons?" I asked him from the large table in the center of the tent where I was bent over looking at the map.
"Yes, Alpha," he called.
Omar hardly called me by my name as with most of the werewolves under my command in my pack. I hated people who slacked behind but both Omar and Cedric were good at their jobs.
"I want to find the root of the rumors," I said and glanced at the two men with me in the room.
Omar nodded. Cedric shuffled his feet.
"What do you suggest?" I asked.

Omar stepped over to the table and looked at the map. Then he tapped on a spot where I'd marked X.
"That's the campground of the Omegas," he said, distraught.
"I'm not about to pretend to accommodate them," I snarled. "If finding out where and how the Epsilons were created means snifling through their den, then so be it!"
"Very well!" Omar said and bowed slightly before exiting the tent.

I groaned and sat down on the edge of the table. Cedric moved to where I sat and stared at me. It didn't matter that I was the Alpha. We were close friends.
"It's going to lead to a full-out war if we aren't careful," he said to me.
I nodded but said nothing.

"I'm sure Omar and the others will be able to find out where they are hiding," he said again.
"I'm not going to be laying about, am I?" I growled at him.
He raised both hands and backed down. "You should head out to the estate. Your bride should have arrived."
I groaned just thinking about that. Lady Cara was not someone that caught my fancy. And getting married now was not something I wanted to do. But I would for my pack. For the overall strength of the Valley.

"If anyone comes up, let me know," I said as I hurried out of the tent. My car sat in the far corner. I walked to it and slid in. When I was named the one true Alpha, I'd been under a lot of watchful eyes; people who wanted to see what I was made of. And they tested me continuously. It was probably why I'd chosen the first full moon for my attack. I'd gone on what Cedric likes to call a rampage and get everyone under my Pack to not underestimate me. If someone had intentionally turned werewolves into Epsilions, I sure as hell would get to them and tear them limb from limb.