Shay nods in agreement. "Oh, totally! It's like your brain goes into overdrive, and you're just hyper-aware of everything they do."

"Yeah, exactly," Aurora continues, her enthusiasm growing. "And then there's this constant battle between wanting to talk to them all the time and being too scared to make a fool of myself."

Jess smiles sympathetically. "I think we've all been there at some point. It's like your emotions are on this rollercoaster ride, and you're not quite sure how to navigate it."

"Definitely," Aurora agrees. "But at the end of the day, crushes are just a part of growing up, right? They teach us about ourselves and what we value in relationships."

Shay nods thoughtfully. "Yeah, that's a great point. They might be confusing and sometimes even a little frustrating, but they also remind us that we're capable of feeling deeply for someone else."

"Exactly," Aurora concludes, a sense of contentment washing over her. "Crushes might be messy, but they're also kind of magical in their own way."

" yes exactly I feel like they impact who you end up with So my first crush was in I would say fifth grade. I remember sort of like liking and chasing boys in the playground when I was in third grade. But I do think in fifth grade I had this crush on a boy named Ryan. And when I think back on why did I like Ryan, it was because he was the class clown and he was silly, but his humor was never mean. He was just like a silly kid."

" so like Lighthearted humor". Aurora smiles

LLighthearted humor. Very witty actually. And I can now look back on that and say, Oh my gosh. Like I now know that's a big important attribute for me. You know, my husband is very witty and funny in that way. I now know that that was an attribute that mattered to me and that's something that I care about. He was also very kind. So it was a way now like when I had this crush on Ryan, it was like in fifth grade, I don't think I had the guts to tell him. In fact, I don't think I did. I just wanted him to be my square dance partner in PE. So I pined for him and I daydreamed about him. But now if I look back, I think he kind of like is an example of the type of person I ended up really liking in my life."

"Yeah. And I wanna say, I think it's also an example of who you are. They reflect what we like, but also who we are." Shay agrees

What are your guys crushes reflecting for you, do you think?

"I think I've always just really liked kind-hearted people."

"That would make sense knowing you."

"Every single crush I've had, if I look back on them, they are very kind, sensitive people. Very like, just emotional. I don't ever like people that I kinda have a wall up 'cause I feel like then I can't connect with them. So kind, emotional. I think funny too, I love to laugh when I'm with people. Those are really, really important ones for me."

" ya such a good point like that's you what about you Aurora ?"

" um for me iv always you know so similar to Shay like soft but like strong like those boys that have that one soft spot for you very kind and has a great sense of humor so ya I just also want to feel protected like I feel like iv only liked a few people like 3 not including celeb crushes and they all have this thing in them you know "

" Rora that is so you ! Like I don't know it seems you'd relate to them "

" yes Shay ! Exactly like that !"

~🎙️~

As the conversation about crushes unfolded

Aurora was reading some people's experiences when she her phone buzzed with an incoming call.

Glancing at the screen, she saw Wakie❤️ name flashing .

" Sorry " Aurora smiles

" oh you should answer that we can ask him about the podcast "

her heart skipped a beat. With a grin, she tapped the answer button and put him on speaker.

"Hey, Rory," Walker's voice came through the phone, warm and familiar.

"Hey, Walker, you're on speaker," Aurora replied, her voice tinged with excitement. "I'm actually recording for podcast right now."

"Hey, Walker!" Shay chimed in.

" oh I'm so sorry ! Hi shay !"

"And I'm Jess," Jess added

" so this is walker scobell everyone !" Shay introduces

"So walker for this episode discussing crushes today. What's your take in a girl ?" Jess ask grinning at Aurora

Walker chuckled softly. "Ah , I just you know want a girl who gets me who's there for me who likes spending time with me and has a great personality and kind and just is a good person you know ?"

Aurora beamed, proud of Walker's thoughtful response. "That's so sweet," she added.

Little did she know , he was describing some of her traits

"Yeah, definitely," Shay agreed. "Kindness goes a long way."

Jess nodded in agreement. "Absolutely. Thanks for sharing, Walker. It's always interesting to hear different perspectives on this topic."

"No problem," Walker replied, his voice warm and genuine. "Anyway I'll let you continue your podcast I'll call you back later bye !"

" bye Scobell "

— You Belong with me —