"You should not be overworking, okay? Since you are now carrying a child. You need to eat healthy and not stress,you also need plenty of rest."

"Doctor Danny,thanks for the advice."

Vera chuckled.

"Why are you laughing? This is a serious matter."

"I know,but before you came in, I filled Bessie in. So she knows. Remember, I'm a woman,so I have experience in this."

"Oh,my bad."

"It's okay,it's normal to be a bit nervous and overprotective since it's your first time being a dad."

Vera chuckled again. But I noticed Bessie was very quiet.

"Bessie, are you alright? Do you need something?"

"I'm good, sir."

"You sure?"

"Danny, give the poor girl a break. She's overwhelmed. "

"Why should she be?"

My turnip brain asked.

"Well, in case you have forgotten, she never expected this. She came here to work, and she got 'molested'. She never thought she would get pregnant, I'm sure she didn't even notice her body changing."

She said while looking at Bessie. Bessie still had the faraway look in her eyes. That's when my brain actually started working. Damn! Bessie must be going through a lot. And I was so oblivious because I was happy that she was the one carrying my baby.
I held her hand and caressed it softly, trying to get her to look at me. Thankfully, she did. Vera got up and signalled that she's leaving, taking the empty bowl along, and leaving us alone.

"Hey Bessie, what is going on? Please feel free to tell me."

She sighed before starting to talk.

"I don't know how to feel, sir,it's all wrong. How can I rest now when I have to help my dad get..out? Mama is gone, dad is all I have, and I keep disappointing him. If I can't even be a good daughter, how can I be a good mother?"

She said the last sentence with a low voice, but it was her facial expression, which got me sad.

"You are not a bad daughter."

"I could not be there for Mama,so what shows I can be a good mother."

She had pain in her voice that my heart ached just to see her say that about herself.

"Hey,look at me,never say that about yourself. I'm awfully sorry I hurt you at first, and I will continue to apologise for it. I never meant to hurt you. I'm not happy that you are in this situation.
I am happy because you are the one carrying my baby,but not anyone else.
This is a complicated situation for both of us. But together we will pull through. I have a lot to say,but I think my actions should speak more. No matter how strong the barrier between us is, we can break it. I just need your consent,please Bessie."

After what seemed like hours,she nodded her head. I felt relieved.

"Bessie I want you to know something, I want you to know that I lo-"

We got interrupted by the door opened rudely and a furious Judith behind. When she saw me,she was surprised.

"Why did you barge in like that?"

"Sorry sir,I was just checking to see if Bessie was indeed ill or she was just trying to escape her chores as usual. "

"Well,she is still not feeling well Judith. And she won't be forced to work until I see she has fully recovered, I hope I am making myself clear."

I answered her crossly.

"Yes sir,as you wish."

And with that, she bowed down and left,this time, the door closed gently.

"Hey,where are you going? I thought you already knew you have to rest. "

I tried to get her back in bed.

"I'm fine sir,I really am. Please allow me to go and work."

"Not in this condition, it's time I set things right."

And with that I held her hands as we walked to the kitchen. With her being confused as to what I am trying to do. I just do not care anymore, it's time I did the right thing.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hi everyone, how are you all doing, I hope you all.are fine. What do you think of this chapter? What do you think he is going to do? Feel free to comment, vote,share and follow me. Thank you all for taking your time to read.
And you can also follow me through my musical journey on Instagram @joyco_lor and Facebook @Joywishers

Stay safe,take care, I love you all❤️🩷🧡💛💚🩵🖤🤎🧡🤍🩶💜