They made their way down the stairs and into the study. 

They were throwing books off shelves when Belle was finally in the loop.  She too found this important.  They were looking for one book in particular. 

The study was a mess.  Books were spread across the floor.

Elizabeth groaned.  "It was here!"

They continued looking until the Governor and Gaines came in.  They were arguing about the stolen soldiers pay.  Both sisters' faces went pale. 

Edward wasn't getting paid.

They tried to tune put the mindless argument happening behind them before finally giving up on the book.  The middle Fox daughter turned around.  "Where's my Lancet, Father?"

"Your what?"

"Her medical journal," Belle clarified.

"Fanny borrowed some books."

Oh, God.

The two sisters started out to the foyer when their father called after them, "what about my library?"

"It's not like you read any of them!" The two yelled back in unison.

————

Elizabeth and Belle burst through the door to Fanny's room. 

"Where is it?"

"Where is what?"

"Our Lancet, Fanny!" Belle shouted.

She scoffed.  "I have interests too, you know.  Look on the table."

Elizabeth did as she said and screeched when she saw the inside of her journal.  She showed it to her older sister, who gasped before glaring at the youngest.

Fanny smiled obliviously.  "Those are for you!"

Elizabeth gritted her teeth.  "Are....you....kidding.....me?" She asked in a scary tone. 

Belle fumed in anger.  "We waited on this for three months and you just ruined it!"

At that, the two eldest daughters stormed out, leaving a guilty Fanny.

————

"Doctor, can I see you in the morgue?" The trainee asked.

"Yes, Ellie.  Right away." Jack quickly answered, seemingly desperate to be alone with her.  They made their way to the morgue in comfortable silence. 

Once there, Elizabeth made her say over to Tinkler. 

"Look.  This cloth was on his wound, and the infection is gone in that spot!" She squealed. 

"The what?"

"The cloth," She repeated, holding up the rag she had taken for observation.  "It had carbolic acid on it.  There.  No rot." She pointed to the section of the wound that was clear of infection.

"Belle and I did some reading, all morning actually, and there was a chap, Pasteur."

"Pasta?"