Two

When I was a little younger, I had an older friend named Blitzo. The O is silent. I spent a lot of time hanging around his office when I had nothing else to do. He introduced me to Millie, Moxxie, and Loona, who were closer to my age than Blitzo. When I turned 18, a few years before Blitzo adopted Loona, Blitz tried to get me to work with them. He said I had the perfect amount of built up anger to be a part of his cause. I never believed that I could be good at what he was hoping I'd be good at. So, I never accepted the job. 

The night I refused the job, Blitzo got pretty mad at me, and I ended up leaving. I roamed the streets of hell for hours. Somehow, I bumped into a new friend. Angel Dust. We walked together for hours. We told each other a lot about ourselves. He kept me company. Over time he became like a big brother to me, and I've always been glad Blitzo was the reason I found Angel. 

The morning after that I went back to Blitzo's. He apologized for getting so angry, and everything went back to the way it was.

Blitzo was like a second father to me. He gave me advice, looked after me, protected me, gave me a place to stay if I ever needed it. Took me on all of my first dates. All of my last dates too... 

The last date he had ever taken me to was with a boy named Nathan. He was only a year older than me, and we were together for 3 years before my final extermination. The extermination that sent me up here. I think about him a lot. I wonder if he thinks about me. 

I wonder if any of them think about me. Blitzo, Millie, Moxxie, Loona, Angel, Nathan... my dad.

The next extermination is approaching really fast. I don't know how to stop it, or change Adam's mind about targeting the hotel. I know Angel is there. Charlie. My father.

I can fight with them. I'm an exorcist, so I'll be down there when everything is going down; but it's risky; and I don't know exactly how risky. The other angels will see me betraying them, and if they kill me, I either fall, or I cease to exist. 

I need a game plan. I need them to know I'm on their side. I need to find a way down there before the next extermination, so we can understand both sides of the story. 

I turn to the door. 

The only way I can get down there, is with the book of the Seraphim's.