"Wow, you're really someone to say that when you're the one who asked for my help. Well Miss, I won't help you." He said smugly and walked even faster.

"Oh yeah? Then I guess you'll be good helping Aunt Tessie preparing dinner." I said in sarcasm.

He halted and paused for a second. He spun to face me and gave me a stern look.

"It's your lucky day." He said and averted his feisty eyes from me. By that, I know it's a yes.

Lucky day? I don't think so. I don't deserve any luck today. I think I deserve a little misery for hanging out in here while my family's under unknown horror.

I looked ahead and I saw Kyle way too far from me. Well, someone's a bit excited to fetch the bike.

I started walking on the pristine sand along with the sound of waves crushing in. Aliza's giggles and yells echoed from a distance and I could tell that Andi and Aliza's really having a good time.

As I walk towards their current location, I could see the very familiar joy on Aliza's face. Her gray eyes were smiling more than her lips could do. Her aura was far more overwhelmingly awesome right now. Her laughters and giggles were so genuine that I almost envy it.

I am just happy that Aliza happens to experience the opposite of what I feel. She can be a constant reminder of what happiness could look like. I hope she'll stay like that for as long as she can get.

"Beckyyyy! Where are you going?" Aliza asked in the middle of their splash fight with Andi.

"I'm going to go get the bike from the grocery store." I answered.

"Do you want me to accompany you?" Andi asked.

"Uh, no. It's good. Kyle's keeping me company. I bet he's waiting for me." I answered.

"Whoa. Kyle? How'd you do that?" Andi asked amusingly.

"Well, with a little conviction and a warning of dinner preparations with Aunt Tessie." I said smugly.

"You're really something, Rebecka." Andi said with a smile.

"Just Becky." I said.

"Be home before dinner. Aunt Tessie roasted some chicken!" Aliza butted in.

"Cool." I said then headed up the resthouse and changed my clothes.

I went outside and I saw Kyle lighting his cigarette.

"Hey, will you stop doing that?" I asked.

"Why would I?" He said as soon as he puffed a smoke from his mouth. The smoke fused with the wind and unfortunately it came straight to me which made me cough.

Cigarette smoking was familiar to me, actually. Since I am living with a drunkard father. And now seeing Kyle, it looks like I'm looking at my father. A hopeless case.

"Okay, head on with that. I'll just wait for you in..." I looked around to find a place wherein the smoke won't reach and I found a huge rock. "...there." I pointed at the rock.

"Fine." He answered and began puffing his cigarette.

I walked a few feet from him and sat on the rock as I patiently waited for him. As I saw the red light at the tip of the cigarette, images of my father flashed into my head.

What if my father finds out I am not at home? What if he'll hurt my mother again? What if Seann...

I shoved the thoughts away. I sighed at the things I envisioned. I am hoping that won't happen to them. I hope my father's sober and that he'll just sleep on it.