9

It was the Friday after school, and Gyuri was livid. She expected sunshine and happiness, only to be greeted by rain and earthworms crawling on the cement. She still got out of her way and dressed up nicely for her hangout with Shinyu. Making sure that she didn't get stood up, she fished out her phone from her purse, going through her contacts.

your cutie patootie 😜

youre coming right
u better not stand me up

keep texting me and ill actually leave u hanging
ur "boyfriend" over here is trying not to crash

my bad your dear majesty
pls come quickly im freezing my ass off

🫡

-

Hands stuffed inside her pocket, she bent her knees up and down to prevent herself from freezing.

A slight honk was heard, startling Gyuri. She turned to the sound of the honk, only to be met by Shinyu with his window rolled down.

"Your dear highness, your carriage has arrived."

She quickly walked over to his car, trying to cover herself from the rain with her hand. Opening the car door, she slid into the passenger seat and patted her head to get rid of the excess droplets.

"Dude, the school work actually goes crazy. I can't believe Mr. Park gave us so much homework over the weekend," Gyuri complained, groaning at the thought of spending her weekend doing homework.

Shinyu laughed, shifting his gear to start driving, "It's like he hates us or something."

The two laughed as Shinyu drove to a place that Gyuri didn't know. He parked the car, making sure to get out first to open the passenger side door. She thanked him and stepped out of the car.

She stood on the ground, looking in front of her: a small cafe. It wasn't modern, but rather a cozy looking run-down cafe. Amazed at the exterior, she snapped a picture, making sure to favorite it.

They both went inside, feeling warm and cozy from the heater that's blasted throughout the cafe. Shinyu took lead, asking the worker a question. The worker nodded before going into the backroom.

The worker came out, an older lady following behind. The look of confusion sprawled across her face, later settling into a look of recognition.

She gleamed, hugging him, "Shinyu dear! It's been so long since you've visited! I remember the last time you came here, it was with Dohoon. How is he, by the way?"

"Hi grandma, sorry I haven't been visiting as much. Dohoon is doing well, I'm sure he's hanging out with the other guys right now. Or playing games, I don't know," he hugged back, making sure to shrug his shoulders of Dohoon's whereabouts.

"Good to know, good to know. Make sure to visit often from now on! You only have 6 months left before you graduate and go off to college," she replied, looking at the person next to him, "Oh? Who's this young lady? She's a very pretty girl. Is she your girlfriend?"

"You could say that," he said, nudging Gyuri, "Gyuri, this is my grandma. Grandma, this is Gyuri. Oh and my grandma owns this cafe."

Gyuri bowed, making sure to leave a good first impression to the elder, "Hello! It's really nice to meet you! This cafe is wonderful, it's so cozy and everything. Ugh, I love everything about it."