26: a grain of truth

Start from the beginning

It frustrated Binna.

As a rule set upon herself, Binna could only say things once her brother asked the right questions. There was a time when her brother asked her where she learned the scythe and who her 'friend' was.

It wasn't the right question. Perhaps because her brother still hadn't remembered anything.

Ahn Binna inwardly sighed in frustration. No matter how she didn't want his memories to return, it was bound to happen. After all, it wasn't like her brother was normal to begin with.

The little girl released a sigh. What comes, will come. There's no point in worrying now since I'm powerless about it.

...

-- two hours later --

"I guess they're pretty patient. They must be waiting for us to let our guards down."

"Han. Soo. Young." Ahn Binna hissed in frustration. "Can you please shut up? You've been going on and on about those people for the past hours now."

"Oh please," Sooyoung glanced back at the little girl who was glaring at her. "If you hadn't helped them, I wouldn't be noisy now, would I? The three of you should have just kept to yourselves instead of being busybodies with nothing to do. Oh, wait, we still have to get to the other side."

Both Binna and Dokja rolled their eyes at her.

...

-- three hours later --

"This can't be...!"

"Duh," Ahn Binna sarcastically remarked. "Open your eyes. No one's coming."

Han Sooyoung huffed and puffed her cheeks. "Just wait! They'll definitely arrive!"

...

-- four hours later --

Rustling noises came from outside, catching the people's attention. Han Sooyoung desolate face brightened up in an instant. "They're here!"

"Shush!" Ahn Binna slapped a hand over the plagiarist's mouth. "My brother's asleep so watch it, Han Sooyoung!" The older woman struggled but the little girl was stronger than her. In the end, Sooyoung huffed and remained still.

Seriously, this girl isn't cute. But Han Sooyoung would keep that to herself. If Eun-Byeol ever found out that she found Ahn Binna uncute, he would murder her and Sooyoung didn't want to die, thank you very much.

Ahn Binna watched everything unfold. The younger girl who arrived, Shin Yuseung, almost died in Han Sooyoung's hands. Apparently, Yuseung would become a catastrophe in five days. And the most devastating one at that. Binna stared at the sleeping girl, curiosity flickering in her eyes.

Kim Dokja seemed to see the unasked questions on her face. Sangah and his sunbae were already asleep while Sooyoung had marched out in frustration. Recalling her expression, he couldn't help but feel helpless.

"Binna," the reader quietly called her name. "You've been looking at Yuseung all this time."

"... if Han Sooyoung's just afraid Yuseung's future self is too strong, won't brother and me be enough to defeat her?"

The reader remained silent. The moment she asked, Dokja could read the thoughts running in her mind. If she, Ahn Binna, could free herself from the shackles of being a Catastrophe, won't Shin Yuseung as well? There was no definite future--a future set in stone. If the present changes, the future as well.

But Binna's thoughts were a bit naive in Dokja's opinion.

Then again, Dokja was already considering that as well. If he himself wanted to survive, he was bound to change the flow of this story to suit the future he seeks. "Binna, I've been curious about something for a while now."