Chapter 15| Breaking Off The Engagement

Start from the beginning

Just as their lips were about to touch, Roxanne jolted awake, completely drenched in sweat.

After waking from that dream, she could no longer sleep.

Thus, the next morning, Roxanne had obvious dark eye circles as she sat by her children's side at the dining table while they were having breakfast.

"Mommy, did you not sleep well last night?" Archie asked in concern as he stared at his mother's dark circles.

Roxanne tensed up a little as she thought about that dream. A few seconds later, she flashed them a fake smile. "Yes. I lost track of time reading documents last night." Her children were observant individuals, and Roxanne was afraid that they would prod her for more information.

Hence, she quickly lowered her

head and pretended to focus on eating breakfast.

At that, the two boys exchanged a look but asked nothing else. All they said was, "Don't tire yourself out too much, Mommy. You have to take good care of yourself." Roxanne's lips curved as she bobbed her head in agreement.

After breakfast, she brought the boys to Madilyn's place again.

"Choose anything you like. Don't worry about anything." Madilyn brought them to her garage as she held onto the whole bunch of car keys in her hands.

The boys were young, but they could recognize quite an amount of luxury cars.

Therefore, once they laid eyes on the cars in the garage, they applauded and cried out, "Aunt Madilyn, you're amazing!"

After walking around the garage, Roxanne chose a mid-ranged priced Mercedes-Benz that was worth over a million.

Madilyn gave her the keys without any trace of hesitance. Once Roxanne got the car, she drove the two to their kindergarten.

"Bye, Mommy! Don't overwork yourself!" the two said to her after they went down from the car. Roxanne ruffled their hair. "You too. Be good at school. I'll come and pick you up at night."

The two boys nodded obediently and walked into the kindergarten together.Roxanne only left after watching the two disappear from her line of sight.

She then started the car and slowly drove away from the kindergarten's gate.

One minutes later, a Rolls-Royce rolled up in front of the kindergarten's entrance.

Cayden came down from the car before opening the door to the backseat. Then, he carefully carried Estella down.

Once Estella's feet were on the ground, she turned to wave at her father.

"Go in now," Lucian softly said to her as he patted her head.

Estella nodded in response before turning to leave.Suspicion crept into Lucian's eyes as be watched Estella leave the car. Estella seemed much happier than usual.

Maybe she's letting down her guard after interacting with the kids in the kindergarten. It seems like the psychiatrist was right.

Her autistic symptoms will improve if I let her interact more with her peers.
.
.
.
.
.

Lucian only took his gaze off Estella after the teacher picked her up.

He then said to Cayden, "Let's go." Cayden bobbed his head and drove toward Farwell Group's office.

Once Lucian arrived at his destination, he hurriedly went to join the executive meeting.

By the time the meeting was over, more than an hour had passed. Lucian went straight back to his office.