Prologue

Gunshots and screams echoes through the hallways of the hospital.

Trav's own heartbeat bangs against his ribs; He never anticipated something like this would happen. Wondering why here, out of all the places.

Footsteps grew louder and louder, They're closing in. He doesn't know how long before they'll arrive.

"Hell-Stakes." Cursing under his breath, he quickens his pace. Haunted by the faces of the people he knew, die right in front of his eyes. Why aren't the cops here yet? Was security wiped out entirely? No, He shouldn't think too much of this. He's almost there, Just one more floor.

Trav ascended to the stairs. Even though his body is dying from exhaust, he still got to push forward. And honestly, it's better to be tired than being dead.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

The silent air turned violent as bullets whooshes against Trav. A bullet pierces his arm. Wincing from the pain, he grits his teeth as the pain left a bloody wound. Cursing underneath his own breath, he pressed on, Narrowly escaping death's cold grasp.

He arrived at the next floor, arriving at the room they're in. He bangs on the door, hoping they're still fine. His own fingers tremble as he tries to open the door.

"Eli! Leyanne! We need to go, it's not safe here!" Trav shouts, His own voice is wavering out from exhaustion. He keeps trying to get the door handle to budge open as it's almost held shut.

With enough strength and determination. He bursts the door wide open. His eyes darting around the room, finding Eli on the floor, unconscious. "Eli!" Trav panicks as He moved to help him until a chilling sound made him turn.

Ch-Chick!

Trav's blood turned cold; As he sees no other than an end of a pistol's barrel. Everything narrowed into a single point. He was too focused on Eli and Leyanne. And for that, he would pay that price.

BANG!

THUD. 

This was the final sound of Trav's lifeless body falling to the ground. The bullet pierced right to his left eye. leaving nothing but a grotesque, bloody mess.

He wish he could be spared for last words of such. "I hope they'll be alright." Was the last thing Trav wanted to say. But there was nothing that he could do.

He would be dead no matter if he tried to save them or not. Soldiers were everywhere and was closing on him. There was no time to fully understand everything either way. But no matter what, he's a dead man now.

And dead men, tell no tales.

( Hello! This is Author speaking, you may call me Depths! As you can see this is my first every publish. Book or Novel thingy, but none of the matter.

It would be really helpful if  you could leave a comment on how you think of this. You may leave suggestions or opinions! It would be really helpful as well.

Well this should all be for Prologue. I wish this could be longer. But, I am not experienced, so this will do. Either way, thanks for reading! )

418 Words.