Fifteen / Always Have, Always Will

Act Two / Chapter Fifteen

1.5k words

"Tay, there's really no need for a release party. It's literally a song about wanting to die, that's not very party worthy." Mikah insists.

Don't get it twisted, she loves parties, but not when they're about her. Probably because she has a spring birthday, so in elementary school her teachers would always humiliate her in front of the entire class.

"Everything is party worthy! Jack practically threw a party for me in August when I let my cuticles heal instead of just making them worse."

Mikah covers her face, "I just don't like being the center of attention."

"I know you don't," Taylor murmurs, wrapping an arm around Mikah, pulling her in, "but this is a big deal, baby. You deserve to be celebrated."

"Fiiiiiine," Mikah sighs, leaning into her girlfriend's touch. "But only Jack and Margaret."

"Deal!" Taylor kisses Mikah's head, "I'm so proud of you."

She rolls onto the couch, pulling Mikah down with her, kissing her soundly. "Can you believe it's been over a month since Jack forced me to leave the house?"

"Mmh, feels like it's been a week."

"Best month of my life."

She means it when she says it, having spent so long with a cloud over her head she thinks she might've forgotten what true happiness really felt like. For most of the last year she'd been running on the euphoric relief post-show adrenaline gives you, but whatever she's feeling right now, is real.

Real happiness.

Real love.

They kiss again. It's different than it was a month ago, she and Mikah's relationship. At the beginning it was mostly just lust. That desperate, I-Haven't-Been-Touched-In-Six-Months lust. Naturally that's all still there, but it's... gentler now, for lack of better term.

"I love you," Taylor murmurs, placing a kiss onto Mikah's bare shoulder. "I mean it."

"Love you." She whispers.

"Come on tour with me." Taylor suddenly blurts out. "If you want to, that is. I'd really appreciate it."

Mikah's slightly taken aback by this. She hadn't even realized it was only two weeks until Taylor had to leave again, or considered the fact they'd have to be away from each other.