[ Grave Loss ]

An inexplicable feeling of power is now coursing throughout his entire body.

A level of power and talent that a typical human could not approach or accomplish in their former world.

An inexplicable feeling of power is now coursing throughout his entire body.

A level of power and talent that a typical human could not approach or accomplish in their former world.

White was overjoyed, but he also immediately took back control of himself so that his newfound strength wouldn't take over him.

He first released his grip on the Itak and slapped his cheek with both hands, checking if he was just dreaming or not.

"Wooaah, is this real?" White clenched his cheeks till they turned beet-red.

His gaze slowly drifted towards the Itak, "Should I cut myself just to make sure..." almost grabbing the Itak, White's sanity returned and shocked his head like a madman.

'Control thyself, self. Control thyself..' He sighed deeply as he thought of this.

After confirming, acknowledging, and changing his viewpoint and comprehension of his newly acquired powers and reality, the young man begins searching for monsters that are comparable to the one that he killed until he's completely satisfied.

An hour has gone by.

A question lingers in White's thoughts.

"Why isn't my Exp Bar increasing?" he mumbled after slicing the monster in half, who suddenly rushed at him like an angry bull.

White Alyan accepted that the world he calls home right now is no longer the same as it once was, and he is also aware that the [Status Window] that he possesses, or almost certainly all of the 'Awakened' people that have it, mostly functions the same way as you would've encountered in popular MMORPG games.

"And if the world's laws and settings were identical to those of role-playing games, wouldn't it make sense that I gain a lot of experience points based on the number of enemies I eliminated?"

While he was pondering about this, another monster jumped atop his head and attempted to tear him down, yet failed horribly.

Thanks to his traits [ •Cold-blooded• ] and [ •Rational• ], he is able to adapt to any situation, and his fear of mysterious creatures is gone.

It also helps him make very good and sensible decisions based on his current position, as well as slay monsters in a clean yet crude fashion using the bolo knife.

A thought immediately came to him. "If the world resembles the world of role-playing games, that means there must be a tutorial, right...?"

White is unsure about that notion that just dawned on him, but he feels that it's possible.

***

" Hmm...Let's see..." White mumbles, while wearing the clothing that he stole from someone's home. "I think I kinda understand how this thing works now. "

He was going to jot down in his notebook his latest theories and deductions on how this system operates according to what he had seen today; however, he forgot he carried only Bolo with him.

He just ingrained in his mind the ways that the system worked based on the information he gathered.

- Exp or Experience points: cannot be gained by killing the wandering or 'banished type' mysterious creatures. He doesn't know why but he speculates that there's still more on these disasters.