017 - first kills and friendships

Începe de la început

"Aloy..." He called out, gaining the attention of Ghost who let out a deep snarl.

Aloy sat up, her eyes a cold stare from what anger and frustration she typically held. She calmed Ghost down, allowing Erik to stay if he so wished.

"I did my tasks, Ser Alliser can shove it up his arse." She responded, believing the brunette boy was simply there to reprimand her for missing some imaginary issue.

Erik laughed. It soon died out, neither the dire wolf or Aloy finding delight in such a comment. He let out an exhale that more resembled a wince, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"I don't believe I can stand the ramblings of that old man much longer." Aloy was referring to Maester Aemon. A man whose skin was never paler than his hair. His eyes blue and blinded by the wisdom he possessed.

Erik had a geeked smile on his face, unsure of what to say. This was a proper conversation, a proper conversation with a woman, with Aloy. He sat down on Jon's cot, stretching his crippled leg out for the hundredth time that afternoon.

"Yes, however, he is still wise. More smarts than the rest of us." Erik pointed out. If she intended on holding uncomplicated conversation, he'd be happy to provide it.

The two fell into a comfortable silence, the cracking of the fire and the soft sniffling of Ghost ushered them into peaceful thinking.

Aloy spoke, her voice raspy but sweet as silk. It was not the proper tone for her question. "Do you ever remember your first kill, Erik?"

In truth, Erik has never slain anyone. Not yet at least. He did not want to admit that to Aloy. He spun a small web of lies.

"Nameless man. Accidentally pushed him down the steps of the Eyrie."

Aloy's gaze flickered to him. Within the second, she broke out in entertained laughter. Erik slowly let out awkward chuckles, shaking his head before staring down at his black boots.
The laughter died off, an imprint of friendship stamped into the damp cobblestone walls of the chambers.

"I remember mine." Aloy began, picturing it as if she was still in those woods. "A man, middle-aged. Fatter than any pig."

Erik hung onto every word. A musical tune she warbled out in violence and genuine insanity.

"I faced Lady Catelyn Stark when I was eleven. I ran into the forest, tears in my eyes. It was not until I realized that I had passed the outer gates of Winterfell and into a patch of forest that I knew I was safe, safe from any insults she could throw."

She took a breath, somehow pushing herself throughout the continuation.

"A travelling merchant found me. Didn't believe who I was, only saw a frail and young girl. He snatched me...tried to have his way with me."

Aloy was inhaled, moving her hands as if she snatched a stick from the ground. She batted the side of her fist once with her other palm.

"His face was mutilated by a wooden stick from one of the spruce trees. First going through the eyes and then his ears, nose, and finally the mouth."

Erik found himself out of his trance, leaning over his knees with his eyes horrified of what she was telling him.

"By the time I returned to Winterfell, I was covered in his blood. No one questioned it, no attention needed to me."

Erik nodded, his lie seemingly disappearing against her true story. He clasped his hands together, rubbing the dirt and grime between his fingers.

"You are the most...courageous woman I've met, Aloy."

Aloy looked to him. It could've been the fatigue or the euphoric state the recalling of murder put her in. He was stupid, his personality resembling one of an innocent pup. Yet, she enjoyed his company. Despite the consistent cold shoulder she gave him, he kept coming back.

Aloy, at this point, regarded him as a friend. A trustworthy and honest friend. Erik was merely delighted to have her laugh at his jokes.

    The two continued their conversation. A few childhood stories, none rather happy but ones they could remember. Aloy had people run away, afraid of her or not wanting to be associated. Erik did not want to run. He found an addictive comfort in her.

——

word count - 1,157

unemployed, hungry, dirty, lazy, sad.
honest to god i have no inspo to write.
i have inspo to make edits, just not write about them.
miss my girlie and...erik...jk, love him too.
love you all <3

p.s. writing a harsh memory such as Aloy's first kill is not something I'm experienced in. i apologize if anything came off as disrespectful. i've put thought and care towards ensuring that nothing was too violent or descriptive.

tiktok - eviesterlingg_wpedits

spotify - eviesterlingg
playlist - aloy snow