Arc 1: Chapter 4

"...anyways, the reason for the guards of Loyalton to be here was because we noticed weird markings and holes in the trees. That was no humane cause and whoever, or whatever, did it should be punished for being out of school grounds before breakfast time. The holes in the tree..." Principal Laryol said as she went on, and on, and on. I felt like she was trying to fill the page with useless words.

I could tell she was lying. She knew more than she led on. Somehow, or somewhere she had been told something. Seralena had already went when we got to her. She said something like a journalist never tells her secrets and scurried off. She obviously didn't say anything, she wanted credit.

"Please, if you know anything, inform the nearest teacher..." Principal Laryol led on.

I noticed a smirk arise on Sera's face. She knew something, and so did our principal. They both knew something. Laryol was scared, Sera was curious.

My interview went well, I just lied my way through it. Lexter and Celeste weren't guilty or anything, so they should be good. I had a decent grasp on my outer body magic-thing. I could decently control it, but not for long. The other one, with the purple lightning stuff, I haven't been able to do since. It was really weird, I guess when you have spiritual powers it doesn't hurt much. Well, when you have spiritual invulnerability, like Celeste. I've realized when I'm out of my physical form I can see the spirit things. Those serpents are actually cute. [The picture at the top is from Pinterest and that's where I got the inspo] Turns out each serpent represents a zodiac, hence the name of the Zodiac Serpents.

I focused really hard. I exited my physical form. I don't understand how my body could operate as me. Instincts? I float over to Sera, she was whispering to her newspaper friend. Her name was Meilen, but she went by Mei.

"...I didn't give away any details. I want more of the story..." Sera explains

"Yeah, this one is going to blow the roof off this school," Mei responds

"Mhm, but I wanna understand more about it, some stories aren't meant to be shared..." she says her favorite saying. She idolized Louis Lane. There was nothing wrong with idolizing a fictional character with realistic means.

I could feel myself being drawn back. I get absorbed by my body listening back to the principal.

"...I'd like to thank all the staff and the guards of Loyalton. You may be escorted to homeroom... OH! And you have the week off due to the issues of the forest, we'll need more investigation and must have the teachers help." all the kids erupt with yelling and wooing.

We all leave the auditorium. I try to find Celeste, but I only found Muichiro.

"Hello Amethyst," he stares into my soul.

"Um, hey Muichiro, have you seen Celeste?"

"No..." he walks off.

"Okay..." I say to myself.

I can't seem to find her. I look right and left, but no Celeste, or Lexter. I couldn't find them. I bumped into teens and others, but none Celeste- nevermind.

"Celeste!" I yell over the crowd.

"Ameti!" she comes to me, "Oh my goodness, it was difficult to find you."

"Same here, have you seen Lexter?"

"Nope."

"Dang..." my face gets a little pink. She makes a soft smiled face.

"You wanted me?" Lexter smirks getting closer as people walked away, "That's almost out of character." He chuckles.

"Well, I definitely needed you guys, Sera doesn't plan on telling the guards, or Principal Laryol."

"That's a relief," Celeste releases a breath hold her hand at her heart.

"Well, I was hoping she would say something about us outside the forest..." he mumbles

"Hm?" Celeste crosses her arms. She looks at Lexter with a curious look.

"Oh uh- nothing..." he continues on, walking to our dorms. Dorms were sorted by homeroom. There were the co-op area of the dorms, girls and the boys areas.

"Well, I'm going to my dorm..." I say spreading off from them. My dorm was 10 x 10 like everyone else's, it was a decent size. I had a desk, bed and curtains. Also a few lights. The ceiling fan was a normal one with a light in the middle of the fans. The desk was white with wooded legs, the chair was a gamer chair with green lining. The bed had gray comforter, and green pillows. I had led lights and made them green to match. I wasn't a big fan of the color green, just a fan of matching.

I hear a knock on my door. I open it to see two bright blue eyes following a light brown high ponytail. She had freckles on her face. It was Sera.

"Hey Ameti!" she smiled. She had a cute smile, all the guys fell when she smiled.

"Hey Sera, haven't spoken in a while, what brings you here?" I get to the point.

"All business no talk I guess..." she sighs, "You and Lexter are getting really close, I almost want to say he's with you more than he's with Zephyr." she smirked.

I trusted Sera, even with her crazy sense for a story, "Yeah, but it's nothing, we're just good FRIENDS." I was so cliche.

"Mhm, yeah," she giggles, "Ameti, look, you are a good liar, but I am a good detective and I see the way you look at him. I came here as a friend."

Look, Seralena had a good sense for mystery. I quit watching mystery movies with her because her guess was always right.

"Well, you wanna come in?" I ask pointing my hand towards my bed.

"Yeah."

We both sit on the bed chatting and catching up. Sera was wearing the school's cardigan with a button up and jeans. She had on brown boots with fringe on the sides.

"So, why were you out at the forest that early in the morning?" she somehow got me too far into the conversation to back out. She's really good.

"Lexter met me in the co-op dorms while I was reading. He kind of asked me to be his girlfriend..." I say trailing off recalling that morning.

"So...?!" she was into the story.

"I friendzoned him..."

"I see... well that's your discussion, but I can tell you like him..." she says

"No, it's fine, " I continue, "He flirted a little, then asked me to walk with him."

"And you did, but how did the holes end up there?"

"I don't know..."

"It's nearly useless to lie Ameti," she says.

"He showed me stuff and that..."

"Like, I don't know, abilities?" she says, "Like this?"

She held her hand out, a misty looking galaxy-like mist flew off giving it a cool look.

"Well... this isn't a first," I study her hand. I hold mine up, concentrating on it. A small purple light with electricity and energy flowing off it. The two magics intertwined and they touched, almost... bond, I want to say.

"This is... cool," Sera says looking at it.

We giggled admiring our magic. I guess she is a trustworthy journalist.

"Not all stories should be shared..." she muttered smiling.

○________________°^°________________○